PDA

View Full Version : Rodger named new Grimsby boss

9nufc9
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Grimsby Town have appointed Graham Rodger as their new manager.
Rodger has been promoted from his position as assistant boss at Blundell Park following the departure of Russell Slade last week.

The former Grimsby defender, 39, has signed a two-year deal with a further two-year option.

"In one of the many interviews for the job, Graham impressed and earned the board's full backing," said a club statement on the Grimsby website.

It added: "He has gained considerable managerial experience under Paul Groves, Nicky Law and Russell Slade, during this time he also stepped up to the role of caretaker manager twice.

"We seriously considered Graham for the manager's position before the appointment of Russell Slade, but felt he needed more time to develop his contacts and knowledge of players at this level.

"We have made it clear to our new manager, there will be financial support to mount a serious challenge for the next campaign."

The League Two club will now look to appoint a new assistant to work alongside Rodger.

ultimatesmurf
20-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry about the dealy in replying to this post, had to pop off to Germany to watch a couple of footie matches, shame i had to come back really!!

I'm glad we've got Graham as manager he impressed me when he took over tempararily earlier before we brought in Russel Slade and it is good for the club to have someone who is passionate about the team and about Grimsby as a whole.

REalistically if we can get a play off spot this season i will be chuffed although obviously after last seasons run we should be in the automatic spot at the end of the season.

Come on Town do me proud!