1. Arsenal
2. Blackburn Rovers
3. Burnley
4. Derby County
5. Manchester United
6. Stoke City
7. Tottenham Hotspur
8. Watford

I thought it'd be quite funny to see Arsenal meet Stoke again. I think Arsenal - United would be really interesting though, if Wenger persists with his teenagers (as he will). A rematch of Arsenal - Spurs would be equally intriguing, if not more.

Big Jono
12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
We'll get Arsenal in the semi if we make it, its happened like 8 times already so i think theyll keep with tradition.

fmadmin
12-11-2008, 11:25 PM
i dont really mind who we get, apart from the mancs or spu*s. quite a nice little mix of teams though!

fakeplastictrees
12-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I think we should play our strongest squad from here on in because we never win this trophy and we might not win anything else this year.

Big Jono
12-11-2008, 11:43 PM
I think we should play our strongest squad from here on in because we never win this trophy and we might not win anything else this year.

:o Are you saying a Carling Cup is better than nothing? Dont let the other top four fans hear you say that.

Hams
12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I hope we see both of the big two sides left in the competion draw
each other in the quater finals as an Arsenal v Man Utd game would be great for the neutrals.

It would help one of the other not so popular sides be able to make it through into the final
and as none of the top 4 teams really care about this tournament its only fair in my opinion.

fakeplastictrees
13-11-2008, 12:39 AM

:o Are you saying a Carling Cup is better than nothing? Dont let the other top four fans hear you say that.

I think the best plan of action is to play the reserves until the quarters. At that stage you may as well try and win it.

Ben91
13-11-2008, 07:11 PM
United and Arsenal won't meet. They'll want that for the final...

Sparkyjinx
13-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Derby at home would do me nicely thankyouverymuch.

YoBBo
13-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Or Watford they are in worse form.

Big Jono
13-11-2008, 09:22 PM

And they wont let Spurs Arsenal have a final together, the police will put their foot down about that one.

J-Axe
13-11-2008, 09:29 PM
A Spurs semi and United final would do nicely. ,;)

fmadmin
13-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd prefer to do Spurs in the final I think.

fmadmin
13-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd prefer to do Spurs in the final I think.

i'm with you on that one.

J-Axe
13-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I'd prefer it to be another football spectacle though.

Big Jono
14-11-2008, 12:48 AM
5-1

YoBBo
14-11-2008, 07:54 AM
A Spurs semi and United final would do nicely. ,;)

If it was like that it would be Spurs in the semi finals and watching United play us in the final. :)

fmadmin
14-11-2008, 08:59 AM
i hope we get Derby County or Stoke City ......it would be good to see how our kids play against the team that upset our old boys ....:)

fmadmin
14-11-2008, 09:54 AM
[Edit: Please watch your language - Big Jono]

Ben91
14-11-2008, 11:21 AM

And they wont let Spurs Arsenal have a final together, the police will put their foot down about that one.

:lol:

what are you two banging on about.

so many conspiracies.

Ben you must remember the year you beat us in the fa cup final. the semi finalists were you, us, chelsea and middlesbrough. i heard all this conspiracy crap back then of a chelsea Liverpool final. look what happened.

and jono, as if the police would have anything to do with it. you do make me laugh with your crazy suggestions. why on earth would it be any different to anything else?

everyone loves a conspiracy. sadly the truth is a little more boring.

The FA knew our dominance over Mourinho in cup competitions. They knew we would beat Chelsea but they also knew we tend to capitulate in finals. They orchestrated it thus to create a shock upset, a romantic cup tale, with West Ham or the Boro taking the crown. It almost worked.

...Okay... last season in the Champions League we were awaiting the Champions League Quarter-Finals draw. But three hours before the live midday draw, a Liverpool fan with "sources" posted on a Liverpool forum saying what the draw would be (not a "prediction", but actually saying that the draw had been predetermined and leaked, and he had the secret information) - he also said certain bookies had stopped taking money on the outcome too. Naturally it was met with scepticism. I couldn't believe my eyes when, as exactly predicted three hours earlier, the live draw proceeded to deliver ties between Liverpool and Arsenal, Chelsea and Fenerbahce, Barcelona and Schalke and Manchester United and Roma.

How do you explain that one?!

Johaldo8
14-11-2008, 11:29 AM
The FA knew our dominance over Mourinho in cup competitions. They knew we would beat Chelsea but they also knew we tend to capitulate in finals. They orchestrated it thus to create a shock upset, a romantic cup tale, with West Ham or the Boro taking the crown. It almost worked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Utter cack!!

...Okay... last season in the Champions League we were awaiting the Champions League Quarter-Finals draw. But three hours before the live midday draw, a Liverpool fan with "sources" posted on a Liverpool forum saying what the draw would be (not a "prediction", but actually saying that the draw had been predetermined and leaked, and he had the secret information) - he also said certain bookies had stopped taking money on the outcome too. Naturally it was met with scepticism. I couldn't believe my eyes when, as exactly predicted three hours earlier, the live draw proceeded to deliver ties between Liverpool and Arsenal, Chelsea and Fenerbahce, Barcelona and Schalke and Manchester United and Roma.

Good point, I remember it very well...

fmadmin
14-11-2008, 11:35 AM

:lol:

what are you two banging on about.

so many conspiracies.

Ben you must remember the year you beat us in the fa cup final. the semi finalists were you, us, chelsea and middlesbrough. i heard all this conspiracy crap back then of a chelsea Liverpool final. look what happened.

and jono, as if the police would have anything to do with it. you do make me laugh with your crazy suggestions. why on earth would it be any different to anything else?

everyone loves a conspiracy. sadly the truth is a little more boring.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT!?

Is that true?

fmadmin
14-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I must admit how easy Chelsea's draws were. I think the only two difficult teams they played were Valencia in the group stages and Man Utd in the Final. Other than that they drew pony teams!!

Also to add there must have been a few strings pulled in favor for Liverpool. We had two clear penalties that everyone saw other than the ref, one at The Emirates (Kuyt) and one at Anfield then in the dying minutes Liverpool where given the softest of penalties. Defiantly dodgy those games.

Ben91
15-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Draw:

Stoke City vs. Derby County
Manchester United vs. Blackburn Rovers
Burnley vs. Arsenal
Watford vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Fixed.

YoBBo
15-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Very good draw for us, it may be difficult away from home, although it really shouldn't be.

Big Jono
15-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Watford, not bad. Should make the semi now, probably go out to one of the two big boys then tho.

Sparkyjinx
15-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Draw:

Burnley vs. Arsenal

Fixed.
Why on earth is that fixed?

fmadmin
15-11-2008, 08:33 PM
....Yeah?

Hams
16-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Draw:

Burnley vs. Arsenal

Fixed.

I'm not happy with the draw and it looks suspicious in my opinion.

Whats the odds of Man Utd,Arsenal and Tottenham all avoiding each other?

Its clear something dodgy is going on and I think the whole thing should be done again.

Fix!

Big Jono
16-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Arsenal and Spurs will meet in the semis if they go thru, nailed on imo.

fmadmin
17-11-2008, 11:02 AM
when the big clubs meet everyone say its a fix ....so really either way its a fix ... :)

YoBBo
17-11-2008, 11:40 AM
It doesn't matter whether it's a fix or not, it's a mickey mouse cup according to everyone anyway.

J-Axe
17-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Well it is. The smaller Clubs have a real look-see whilst the top sides usually drop most of their players for Reserve/backup/youth select.

YoBBo
17-11-2008, 03:47 PM
It's clearly no-where near as important as the League or the FA Cup but it's a way of getting into Europe so I think more teams should take it seriously.

I fancy Blackburn to beat United, to support my idea that a few clubs around our position will take it seriously.

Ben91
17-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think anyone can ridicule a side like Spurs taking it seriously, but for the Big Four sides they have other more important agenda's clearly.

If i was a fan of a side outside the four clubs at the top i'd want them to go all out to win the Carling Cup a trophy is a trophy.

YoBBo
17-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think anyone can ridicule a side like Spurs taking it seriously, but for the Big Four sides they have other more important agenda's clearly.

If i was a fan of a side outside the four clubs at the top i'd want them to go all out to win the Carling Cup a trophy is a trophy.

Agreed.

Big Jono
17-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Agreed.

And its better than winning nothing, i mean the big four have loftier goals yes but last season they mostly all played lesser teams in the Carling Cup and were duely knocked out then 3 out of 4 of them didnt win squat anyway. And Spurs and Pompey came away with trophies.