PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff vs Arsenal

GaryLineker
22-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I think Cardiff could do it at home, I predict a 1:0.

YoBBo
22-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I would of got tickets for this game but there was such a demand for them I thought it better to let the real Cardiff fans have them. I would of gone if they had played it in the Millennium stadium as then half the Cardiff fans would probably of been in the same situation as me and not really support the club just want them to do well.

J-Axe
22-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Going to be a tricky tie nonetheless. Cardiff produced a great FA Cup run last season and there's no reason why this year can't be as successful.

I think we'll win it though. We've come into some good form and we've had a week to prepare. I expect a full strength team to go out and get the job done. It will be tight though.

YoBBo
25-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Full time 0-0!

Cardiff had some great chances in the first half but Arsenal dominated the second half without really troubling Enckleman that much. A fair result for not a great game to be honest.

Arsenal to win the second leg 4-0 like Spurs did after drawing 0-0 at Ninian.

Rc_Lens
25-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Which team does Twmcat support here ? :)

YoBBo
25-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Was he even a Cardiff lad? I thought he was from up north, of wales that is.

J-Axe
25-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Well played Cardiff by the sounds of it.

We should be (hopefully) too formidable at the Emirates, and go through.

Shall be interesting to see the draw tonight.

Rc_Lens
25-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Was he even a Cardiff lad? I thought he was from up north, of wales that is.

I think you're right but it's a Welsh team. :wink:

fmadmin
25-01-2009, 05:17 PM
They had some good chances to score first half but in saying that I don't remember Lukasz having to make many saves.

They were all shots well wide or over the bar.

Second half we owned and Adebayor had the chance of the game and should have finished it.

This just means another fixture we don't want, Cardiff work hard and get stuck in. We can do without anymore injuries. It looks as if Eboue was struggling and went off injured.

fmadmin
25-01-2009, 06:25 PM
i thought it was a pretty decent game. both teams deserved the draw, cardiff missed lots of chances in the first half and we missed lots in the 2nd. i look forward to taking them back to the Emirates :) and those cardiff fans make me ashamed to be Welsh :(

credit where its due, bender had a good game. gibbs was outstanding! to be honest, the only 2 players who i thought had bad games were ramsey (who i think thought he was still playing for city) and eboue. other than that, very good.

YoBBo
25-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Alex Song had a suprisingly good game aswell.

fmadmin
25-01-2009, 06:39 PM
song did have a really good game. ive got to admit, when i saw the team and saw gibbs, bendtner, eboue, song and djorou on i was absolutely dreading the game. but fair play, with the exception of eboue they were all really good :)

specnur
25-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I see Wenger was his old classless self again,At the end of the game he shook hands with the entire Cardiff Staff and even Bothroyd, how dare he.

Good game by Cardiff played an honest game of football which they have to be given credit for ,as even some premiership teams can't do that against the Gunners.
Cardiff didn't play in awe of Arsenal and took the game to them ,so i think they deserved a draw.

fmadmin
26-01-2009, 12:02 PM
i'd much rather have carlton cole in my team...

fmadmin
28-01-2009, 10:45 AM
pipe down Hill.

anyone going to the replay? got my tickets last night :)

cant see anything but an arsenal win, im gonna feel like a right pleb if we lose though because ive been telling anyone who'll listen that we're gonna win and i know sooo many cardiff fans :(

cantona_
28-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Arsenal will lose because they don't care foR cups.
LEAuge is important for them like Other big clubs(Manchester,Chelsea,Liverpool),
everybody know that Chelse could win Burnley at Carlin cup but one more time say THEY
DON'T CARE FOR CUPS!