PDA

View Full Version : Ancelotti supports Pool

jamesp_1927
17-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Carlos Ancelotti has come out in support of Liverpool by saying if Liverpool were to win the Champions League then they should be the team in the competition next year as the holders should be able to defend there title. But he said he will give Uefa and The Football Association a favour by beating the reds in the final !

The General
17-05-2005, 02:43 PM
And so they should be allowed to play next year!

jamesp_1927
17-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I dont beleive they should. the way in I think is if you do well in the league. if they werent one of the best teams in the Premiership then why should they be aloud to reprasent England ?

shent
17-05-2005, 08:34 PM
cause there the holders of the cup...so they got to defend there trophy,i heard that the sponsers of the cl coverage threatend to pull out if liverpool win and arnt entered next year,which would leave uefa in a bit of a mess.only a rumour though!

shaggy
17-05-2005, 09:22 PM
If they arnt good enough to get a place then they shouldnt get put into the comp.

Wayno
17-05-2005, 09:44 PM
as a united fan i'd want liverpool in the competition defending their trophy, but. if it came down to it being Between Everton or Liverpool than it would have to be Everton due to the fact that they have been better in the league and have earned the right this season. taking that away would be rather cruel