PDA

View Full Version : When I leave school.

jamesp_1927
21-06-2006, 08:12 PM
When Im older my ultimate goal is to one day manager Cardiff City. But when I leave school I will have to take the course were you can get the coaching badges. Can anybody tell me how to do these courses please. Next year is my last in school.

I intend to go to UWIC and study sports managemant and Maths when I leave. And I would like to do my coaching badges at the same time.

hoopy
21-06-2006, 11:01 PM
There are loads of topics on this, just scroll down you should find what you are looking for :)

cshipley
30-08-2006, 01:54 AM
whatever happened to people coaching to help young players improve instead of this stupid dream of being England manager or in the premiership!

Before getting greedy and thinking of fame and fortune maybe try thinking about what coaching really is all about!

hoopy
30-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Cold sunday mornings, wintery wednesday nights at the local park, screaming 10 year old kids you can't control, having to go to work aswell, not getting paid, I think i'll pass on that one mate, onwards to the premier league :)

cshipley
30-08-2006, 10:59 PM
92 professional managers in England, how many didnt play as a pro?
You do the sums, work it out and then keep dreaming!

Chances are slim but if you reckon you will be the one in a million, and without having to endure screaming kids or wet weather then good luck to ya!

hoopy
30-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Not my dream mate before you have a hissy fit. And whats wrong with having a dream. Also before you went off on one, did you actually read anywhere where he said he didn't want to do the little kids thing first?

cshipley
31-08-2006, 02:46 AM
:lol:

Max
31-08-2006, 05:35 AM
If he believes he can do it then I give him my support. Go for it!

What about this one. I want to someday play for Roma. What do you think, is that attainable? A good dream? Just know this, I will never give up and I will always fight.

craigleedscityvixens
31-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi James it took me until I was 30 to realise I wanted to be a manager and coach.i work at Bradford City and I also Manage and Coach Leeds City Vixens 1st team voluntary.Its hard work,crap pay and like everyone says,hard work at grassroots level.Everyone has a dream which is good but unless you start now you havent a chance.Most proffesional players are put through there coaching badges because as we all know there career doesnt last forever.My advice would be to try work on a football in the community programme with the local big side and also do a sports degree.To gain UEFA A badge which is the highest you will need to be coaching for several years.Try get involved with a childrens team or womens team and this may help gain opportunity.Ive been lucky because I had a lot of savings behind me to cover my voluntary work but its tough working hard and not recieving much for it.Make your dreams more realistic at first and consider semi pro coaching then see how you get on.Its not easy been a manager or coach and it definately doesnt suit everyone so I would do your homework on it first.
Good Luck

DJOrnsen
01-09-2006, 12:45 AM
It's better to have tried and failed rather than to think what might have been

hoopy
01-09-2006, 12:54 AM
As for the so called hissy fit, dont drag down the integrity of these boards with insults please little boy! :lol:
Insults? What insults? You had a hissy fit, I merely picked up on it.

cshipley
01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah, a major hissy fit!

well picked up! :lol:

Darren Addick
05-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Anyway, good luck to Jimbo

wba1968mp
15-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Many people have a better understanding and knowledge of football than the lower league coaches who just shout and talk about passion. if you know your game then get your badges done and youll have a good chance. As for having no chance that is nonsense. If you start at 16 and go to uni and do a degree then with badges by 21 you would be in a great position. Remember some managers are always looking for enthusiastic assistants so get yourself on the ladder. If you believe you will do it. By 30 i will be a pro coach because i will spend every waking moment learning, like aidy bothroyd. Then with fa contacts i can progress. Its not repuation but knowledge.