PDA

View Full Version : Brentford

hoopy
18-07-2006, 12:29 PM
What is happening to them? They are falling apart!

First of all they lose their manager to someone in a league lower than themselves, which makes you think straight away something must be wrong at Brentford. And now they have lost a few players with a couple being their best. I can't remember exactly but didn't they lose their captain and now they have lost one of their best players Sodje. I can't see them doing any better than Mid-table next year and I might even have a little bet on them getting relegated.
Something must have happened at the club surely? I know Sodje has moved on to bigger and better things, but Allen didn't. Is it the chairman or something?

steve020
18-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah looks like something has happened why would Martin Allen just up and leave then drop down to league 2 doesnt make sense at all.
I think it must have been something to do with the ambition of the chairman and then with the players leaving Tabb,Sodje It's not looking to rosey at the moment

jamesp_1927
18-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe Allen, Tabb and Sodje had good wages and its possible that a club of that size needed to ger rid of players and staff who are paid the highest to continue to progress. It happened to Cardiff we seen a lot bigger of a loss though we went through a bad season to go onto a better season and better things.

Conaldinho
18-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, the same thing happened a few years ago when Steve Coppell was our manager, we were one game from automatic promotion but of course we lost it - to reading ironically. All our players left and we had a terrible season after that but then it picked up again and weve done well over the last few years, losing in the play offs 3 years in a row. Hopefully we have another good manager now in Leroy Rosenior and he brings in a few more good players.

I doubt we will do much next season to be honest but I still think things will improve over time again

AdamBrentford
19-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Went to the fans forum last night and Rosenior pretty much convinced me and problay alot of people there that we would be challenging for the autamatic promtion places this year. Hes got a bigger budget than we had last year, with all the transfers happening and he said hes still looking for 3 or 4 more players. He also said he liked strikers and sometimes can have 6 or 7 in a squad which is always promising.

jamesp_1927
19-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Too many strikers. The only club that have ever succeeded with that many strikers are Sheff Utd. Need to be carefull, dont bring in too many quality players otherwise you will have a unhappy squad.

Darren Addick
19-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Greg Dyke the former Director General of the BBC is Brentfords Chairman

9nufc9
21-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Here is some good news...

Brentford have signed midfielder Thomas Pinault, subject to a medical.
Pinault, 24, is the Bees' fourth summer signing and boss Leroy Rosenior said: "He's a player with excellent ball playing and passing ability."

Pinault has plenty of experience at League One level having played for Grimsby and Colchester, where he made over 150 appearances.

Pinault told the Bees' website: "I'm looking forward to this season having missed most of last season injured."

jamesp_1927
21-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Ahhh the French midfielder from Colchester or former Colchester. A very creative midfield player is Pinault and if Brentford can sign a good goalscorer he will assist a lot of goals for the Bees.

AdamBrentford
21-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Ahhh the French midfielder from Colchester or former Colchester. A very creative midfield player is Pinault and if Brentford can sign a good goalscorer he will assist a lot of goals for the Bees.

Hopefully we have good goal scorers in Moore and Kuffour. Also Rosenior says he wants Rhoades up front this season which i beleive is his best position and he scored something like 23 goals in 25 odd starts for his previous club when he was upfront. Hope fully we should have a new centre back in the next few days (i think hes icelantic or polish), centre midfielder Michael Standing who is willing to play for free and hopefully we sign striker Awenayeri Douglas who scored one and set up one in are freindly vs Yeading.

AdamBrentford
22-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Went to the Hampton and Richmond game today. Kuffour looked sharp as did Paul Brooker and Pinault. Everyone else was average apart from George Santos who was pants and also he played upfront!!!!

The game was overshadowed by fighting between Brentford and QPR fans who waited in the local pub for Brentford fans after the match. One QPR fan was KO and was taken to hospital.

9nufc9
23-07-2006, 02:37 AM
What was the score mate?

AdamBrentford
23-07-2006, 12:11 PM
1-0 to the bees, some trialist called Gavin Tomlins scored.

AdamBrentford
24-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Tomlinson has signed as well as Santos (well they basically have, still in negotiation). Now we have Willock, Fitz, Santos, Tomlinson, Peters, Rhoades, Kuffour, Owusu and Moore all up front and no centre backs for the first game of the season. Also Framps and O'connor have one year left on there contracts and wont sign new deals so will probaly be sold hastily before the end of August.

We are going up, say we are going up!

9nufc9
06-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Adam, did you go to the game yesterday?

I listened to the commentary on Bees World and it sounded like we were very very lucky. On more than one occasion the ball hit the post or was cleared off the line. The commentators were saying after 30 minutes that we wouldnt score a goal and would really struggle this season, were we really that bad? :roll:

Skulason had a good game, i think that was his first ever goal for the club. Also Kuffour sounded alright in the first half.

Promising signs?

steve020
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Good start for the Bee's putting one over the Donkey Lashers

9nufc9
08-08-2006, 10:52 PM
1 - 0 away over Northampton wooooooooo

2 on the trot, a fantastic start to the season! Keep it up Brentford :)

Conaldinho
08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Great start!! Lets hope it continues

9nufc9
08-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Great start!! Lets hope it continues

Did you watch/listen to the game Conaldinho?

Conaldinho
08-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Nah, i only saw the highlights afterwards. Im hoping to go to a few games around halloween if I can get the chance. Its been ages since Ive seen them play

9nufc9
08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Do you know of any site where i can see highlights mate?

Conaldinho
08-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I cant say I do to be honest. Mabye their official site or you might get them on youtube if youre lucky

9nufc9
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I tried Brentford World using my Toon subscritpion but it didnt work :lol:

Cheers mate.

AdamBrentford
10-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Been on holiday so missed first two games but going to pick up my season ticket and Brighton tickets tomorow. From reports it sounds like we got the making of a good team and with a few additions still to be made hopefully we can challenge for promotion again this year.