PDA

View Full Version : Asier del horno - Chelsea

cristiano
20-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Athletic Bilbao left-back Asier del Horno has confirmed that Chelsea want to sign him - and says the offer is too good to turn down.
The Blues have been linked with a £12m move for the 24-year-old, and are apparently ready to pay him £2m a year.

Del Horno said: "For both Athletic and me it would be difficult to say no to an offer like this.

"With a contract like this I would sort out not just my life but my family too, and Athletic could clear their debts."

Speaking on Spanish radio, he added: "If you look at the figures that are being talked about then it seems unthinkable that a team would pay that sort of money for me.

Have Your Say
Chat about Chelsea on 606

"It is a unique opportunity for me and for Athletic.

"They could renew the contracts of players like Tiko, (Fran) Yeste, (Pablo) Orbaiz and (Andoni) Iraola."

Del Horno's agent Jokin Barcena is reported to have been in London this week for talks with Chelsea.

The Spanish international, who came up through the club's youth ranks, is under contract to Athletic until 2007.

Chelsea have been eager to sign a left-back following Celestine Babayaro's move to Newcastle in January.

shaggy
21-05-2005, 10:12 AM
This guy is such a great player and i am glad to see he WILL be at stamford bridge in the summer!

jamesp_1927
21-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree. I am very happy that he will be in the Premiership for next season. He has been a great asset for Bilboa and he is a big player lost.

shaggy
21-05-2005, 10:26 AM
It makes sense as the deal would allow the club do rid their debts and enable them to renew start players contracts like Tiko

Watch youre spelling please, you are a mod

Euskal herria
15-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, all is correct, but one thing is not correct. We now that Del horno is playing for spanish selection but because is FROM BASQUE COUNTRY AND WE ARE IN spain, BUT WE HATE spain WE WANT INDEPENDET. I´m supported Ath.bilbao and all of my player´s are basque or since very young playing for athletic.
If the chelsea team want´s Del horno, I have to say that is a very good player and very hard in the defense.