PDA

View Full Version : Paul Scholes

shaahid
21-05-2005, 06:30 PM
I am not sure what it is now but has Paul Scholes lost it?

He has missed lots of easy chances and chances a player like him should put away.

Has he become complacent?
Well to be fair he has not got anyone really challenging for that position, there is not someone who is known to do his role.

What do you think and who could challenge for his place?

jamesp_1927
21-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah I agree, he looked so nervus taking the penalty today and I toldmy freind Gruff that he would miss just by looking at his face.I dont think he has lost it, just got no confidence, he will always have it in his feet, its just mentaly these days.

shaahid
21-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I thought he would miss aswell, iwould play Fletcher or Smith more to play in his position,

I think SMith is great, sometimes i think SMith brings some belief into the team, and he could do what Scholes does because SMith has got good shots.

Darren Fletcher can defend well and like he can shoot aswell, he has got a good eye and can pick out passes.
He is a really good player.

Mars_
21-05-2005, 06:43 PM
He hasn't lost it but definetley isn't as good. The penalty wasn't brilliant but it was a good save.

Conaldinho
21-05-2005, 07:10 PM
He has had a very dissapointing season but hopefully he will be back next year to his best.

Wayno
21-05-2005, 07:56 PM
paul scholes doesn't look like he's bothered to me, he's too "comfortable" he has no one pushing him for a place.

shaahid
21-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, play giggs leave scholes out!

Wayno
21-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Giggs is another one, he's got his contract, he'll be back to his crap self

shaggy
21-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Giggs is a great player and ahs been through his career.

Scholes is a good midfielder now, previously he was great but hes losing it.

eddie494
22-05-2005, 09:29 AM
No pressure of trying to get an England place anymore - there's nothing really left for him to play for!! He'll still get a huge paypacket for doing squat!! Think it's time for him to move on, more for his sake than Man U's, I wonder who'd have him at the moment though!!!

Mars_
22-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Why would he move? Fergie wouldn't let him go, he's still good and he's spent his whole career at Man U. There would be plenty of takers though.

eddie494
22-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I think he's getting to the point where he might need something new to prove to himself and the way things are going Man Utd won't be the place to do that!! Sure, AF won't just let him leave but I would imagine he'd listen to some fairly realistic offers, time marches on after all and it must be pretty starkly obvious to Taggart (and Professor Yaffle too) that it's youth thats winning premierships now!!

Didn't do Nicky Butt much good though...

The General
23-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I think since his break from the England squad his hunger has gone!

He is still one of the best players with the ball at his feet though!