PDA

View Full Version : Azzurri recall for Cassano

Moravcik
28-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Real Madrid forward Antonio Cassano has been recalled by world champions Italy for their upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The former Roma ace was omitted by Marcello Lippi for the Azzurri's successful World Cup this summer in Germany.

However, with a number of key front men short of fitness, such as Luca Toni, Alessandro Del Piero, Francesco Totti and Vincenzo Iaquinta, Cassano has been given the nod.

Italian giants Milan have no less than five players in the squad with Massimo Ambrosini, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Alberto Gilardino and Filippo Inzaghi included by new coach Roberto Donadoni.

Internazionale's Marco Materazzi misses out against Lithuania and France as he is serving his two-match ban for his part in Zinedine Zidane's infamous headbutt in the World Cup final.

Full Italy squad:

Christian Abbiati (Torino), Marco Amelia (Livorno), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Andrea Barzagli (Palermo), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Dario Dainelli (Fiorentina), Fabio Grosso (Internazionale), Massimo Oddo (Lazio), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Cristian Zaccardo (Palermo), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona), Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Marco Marchionni (Juventus), Simone Perrotta (Roma), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Franco Semioli (Chievo Verona), Emiliano Bonazzoli (Sampdoria), Antonio Cassano (Real Madrid), David Di Michele (Palermo), Alberto Gilardino (Milan), Filippo Inzaghi (Milan), Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio).

Very strong squad, hopefully Scotland can beat them as Hampden instead of 1-1 like last time!

GOBati
28-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm curious to see Cassano playing in the same team with Totti when he will return in squad :lol:

They hate each other and I don't know if they will play together again :roll:

Moravcik
28-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm curious to see Cassano playing in the same team with Totti when he will return in squad :lol:

Are you glad Cassano is back?

GOBati
28-08-2006, 07:02 PM

Definetely not. I hate him after he has left AS Roma. Cassano was envious of Totti and he thinks to be better than him so he has gone to Madrid to prove it.

Max
28-08-2006, 11:09 PM

Definetely not. I hate him after he has left AS Roma. Cassano was envious of Totti and he thinks to be better than him so he has gone to Madrid to prove it.

That's why he left? I thought in order to prove yourself to be good is to score not leave the team. I would only leave a team unless there is a problem with the coach or other team mates. Wow, what an assmunch Cassano, and I liked him too which makes it worse.

Stallion
29-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Cassano was very good talent and i loved him when he played for roma but bad attitude and now hes left us i dont wish him well unless he pulls himself together