PDA

View Full Version : Will Arsenal be knocked out of group stage?

mo888
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Arsenal have got quite a tough group, because they have Porto and Hamburg. Porto's key players are Anderson, Postiga and Ricardo Quaresma. Hamburg have bought a lot of good players. their key players are Nigel De Jong, van der vaart, Kompany, Sorin and Guerrero.

Will both teams give Arsenal a run for their money?

fmadmin
12-09-2006, 11:41 AM
yes it is not an easy group but we should now have the experience and strength to cope with games like them . We must not underestimate them though just because we got to the final last season .

Benraul
12-09-2006, 12:25 PM
yer i think arsneal are suited to european footy now, and should qualify with some comfort.

Darren Addick
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Thierry Henry has been ruled out of tonights match due to a foot injury he picked up today in training!

UptonAway
12-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Cant see arsenal failing to make the 2nd round but if they play like they have been in the prem then theres every chance. look what happened to utd last year - and they even had an easier group than arsenal do this year!

Forev
12-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Arsenal don't play til tomorrow night in Hamburg.

It is a possibility that they might not make it with the form they are in but I think they will be just strong enough to overcome the threats that they will encounter in that group.

putrum6
12-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes Arsenal will be knocked

twmcat
12-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Yes Arsenal will be knocked
Ignore him - he's just trying to wind me up :lol:

fmadmin
15-09-2006, 03:08 PM
and we did beat Hamburg quite comfortably .....of course we had an extra man but that was the referees decision and i did think it was a penalty , a stunner from Rosicky as well for the winner . It was stupid to let them have a late goal , lack of concentration for that but luckily it was too late for Hamburg .

twmcat
16-09-2006, 10:52 PM
That's been Arsenal's problem often - lack of concentration in defence.
But the back four were so young and inexperienced after Toure went off (apart from Gallas) that we should forgive them, I think.

fmadmin
20-09-2006, 02:46 PM
as we won the match yes , it would have been harder if that late goal had given Hamburg a draw ... those lapses are sometimes the crucial diference between winning and losing and ultimately a trophy ... ie ..Ashley Cole allowing a cross to come in for Barcelona`s equaliser in the Champions League final ..