PDA

View Full Version : Maradona: Liverpool better than 70's Brazil

shaggy
26-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Argentine legend Diego Maradona hailed the current Liverpool team as better than Brazil's 1970 World Cup winning side!

Maradona, who attended the Champions League final in Istanbul, was stunned at Liverpool's fight-back last night against AC Milan and declared: "Even the Brazil team that won the 1970 World Cup could not have staged a comeback with Milan leading 3-0.

"At 3-0 up, Milan must have been convinced that Liverpool couldn't come back.

"But what has happened has happened. Milan never stopped playing and Shevchenko could have won it.

"I have seen comebacks like that in football but never against a team as superior as Milan were."

Forever Red
31-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't think he actually meant that our current side was overall better than the Brazil cup winning side.

If he did however he would soon change his mind if he had a look at are away performances (don't know if you could call them that) against Birmingham, Palace and
Man City, to name a few.

mourinho_special1
31-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Is he still sniffing that crap up his nose????

~LjungbergsNO1girlFan~
31-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Liverpool's comeback was magnificent at the time my twin who is a liverpool supporter was like "Liverpool wont be able to win, theres no hope" and I went "Lily, dont worry Liverpool can win it I just know it!"
Even though I'm an Arsenal supporter, I still believed in Liverpool and hoped that they won coz they hardly get any chances for a cup like that an after all they did kinda deserve it..
And I wasnt born when the Brazil team that you are talking bout was around but my mum did have a video of it I think and I must admit footballers these days have got a little bit more skill than the old days..

par56
09-06-2005, 02:45 PM
its true.......what Liverpool did in Istanbul was out of this world. Milan should be hailed as just as good as the 1970's team because there frightengly good, and Liverpool overcame this with sheer stength, and a bit of luck with the penaltys lol. well done boys!