PDA

View Full Version : Boston eye Vaughan loan

MT40swfc
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Boston United are hoping to snap up Chester's Stephen Vaughan on loan.

Steve Evans has only 14 fit players available for Boston's trip to Barnet on Tuesday and is looking to bring in emergency reinforcements.

Chairman Jim Rodwell has given Evans the go-ahead to approach Chester, and Boston are now awaiting their response anxiously.

"Given our injury crisis I have indeed approached the chairman and he has sanctioned a loan move for Chester player Stephen Vaughan," Evans confirmed on the club's website.

Vaughan has impressed for Chester so far this season and Evans admits he would be interested in signing him on a permanent basis if the opportunity arose.

"In my opinion the boy is excellent in a number of positions and when I watched him recently against a very good Wrexham side, he was outstanding," he praised.

"I spoke to Chester City on Sunday and we will see where it goes. There is no doubt that he would strengthen our team and I am pleased that, despite a severe lack of resources, the chairman and directors understand my situation.

"As we stand this morning I will have no option but to name just 14 players on the team sheet at Barnet and that's how desperate things are, given that our treatment room is bursting at the seams with injured players.

"If the loan deal goes ahead and Stephen Vaughan does well, we will certainly be looking to make it a permanent move because, other than a midfield slot, he is also good in a number of other positions."