PDA

View Full Version : Celtic 3 - 0 Benfica

Moravcik
18-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Celtic boosted their UEFA Champions League hopes with a superb 3-0 win over Benfica in their Group F encounter at Parkhead.

Kenny Miller was the star of the show with two second half goals and substitute Stephen Pearson's late strike wrapped up a memorable win for the Scottish giants.

The win leaves Celtic in a commanding position to reach the next phase as they now sit second in Group F with six points.

Celtic were superb, and was probably one of the best results from last night's CL games. If Celtic win in Benfica then they are through! :D

jamieg
18-10-2006, 04:10 PM
What a performance!!

Sno looks like hes gonna be a class act! And What about Maloneys pass through to Miller for his second goal. Superb.

No one can say 'Oh its because Benfica where crap that Celtic where good!' because Benfica werent bad, Celtic where just too good.

Strik3r
18-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah, that's true, but I still feel like Fernando Santos (Benfica's coach) didn't do enough to try to reverse the game, after the 1-0... always afraid, always trying not to suffer goals, closing the midfield as much as he can, defending way near Benfica's area... GOD DAMME!!!!!

Why the hell this guy just tries to get ties when football is played for winning??? Doesn't he understand that it is way more probable to get a tie if you play to win, and way more probable to loose a match if you try to draw it????

:(

Tom_Nufc
18-10-2006, 05:52 PM
celtic were awesome last night, im well pleased for them. miller is an amazing player, i cant believe i took him out of my fantasy team!! :mad:

smithy
18-10-2006, 05:52 PM
This result shock me :shock: , couldn't belive what I was seeing but congrats to Celtic , to pull off a win against Benfica isn't easy. It would be good to have two British teams through from group F ,8)

Adriano
18-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Glad to see two British teams already through :D Even if it is Man U and Celtic :wink:

*s m o g g i e*
18-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Great results for the Hoops, they played some fantastic footie ,8)

Gazza-LFC
19-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Very well deserved too,Celtic were simply awesome

Rc_Lens
20-10-2006, 01:21 AM
well played. ,8)

bin lid
22-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Tremendous result for the hoops

:D

Was wondering in the return leg does anyone know where the Celtic fans will be sitting in the ground
:wink:

lastprophet
31-10-2006, 10:34 AM
tomorrow is Benfica vs Celtic

im a benfica supporter and hope that we can win the game

but im here to say that the celtic supportes rulez!!!

why?

because they will remember the great player Feher.

Its very nice of them

thanks

tophdawg
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
hmm i guess its a good game but i hate celtic being a rangers fan.

Strik3r
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Tremendous result for the hoops

:D

Was wondering in the return leg does anyone know where the Celtic fans will be sitting in the ground
:wink:

They were allover the stands, in the middle of Benfica supporters.

Great result by Benfica. Thank's, Caldwell... :mrgreen: