PDA

View Full Version : Spurs V Port Vale

yidomatt
25-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't know about the other ties but you can talk about this one at White Hart Lane here ,8)

Big Jono
26-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Good draw for the quarter finals for us, Vale at home should be a walk in the park.

Boomer K9
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Good draw for the quarter finals for us, Vale at home should be a walk in the park.

Don't get too cockey, We should have beaten villa at villa park last season, no reason why we cant come down your end and play that well again.

we will beat you on the atmosphere side of things no doubt.

xxbubblesxx86
08-11-2006, 08:28 PM

don't count your chickens there Jono! 1-0 to PV! :lol:

xxbubblesxx86
08-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Spurs then manage to Equalize! 1-1!

xxbubblesxx86
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
And the spurs have to go one better! lol! 2-1 to Spurs!

xxbubblesxx86
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Spurs manage to knock out PV from the Carling cup with a 3-1 victory!

Big Jono
09-11-2006, 02:12 AM
1...2...3 chickens, already counted and now they've hatched! :P

Good to see us win with a pretty average team we put out there, Ifil and that striker are poor reserve team players but we pulled it off.

Great to see The Hudd get on the scoresheet twice but it sounds like they were pretty lucky goals, Defoe scored - poor lad, now he will be dropped for the next game.

Boomer K9
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Big jono, please don't patronise us or make excuses, that was a very strong team still, and we played excellently to keep the score at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Well, We went down to spurs, the fleet of 19 coaches took 6 hours to get there.

I think we played very well, we definatly rode our luck at times but you have to do that to win these sorts of games.

At the start of the game, i was hoping for a close score (anything bar a thrashing really) and it was very close.

We scored, We went crazy, I was nearly sick after all the mental jumping up and down. And then you brought your big guns on, but i still think we coped well, and i am a little, and it is only a little bit, dissapointed that you gotlucky for your first, it hit the base of the post and span upwards into the roof of the net! And i realised this morning, that if you hadn't had that slight bit of luck we would have won.

I am ecstatic to say that we came very close to beating spurs at your own ground.

Goodlad, Our Goalkeeper. Come on Steve Mclarren this guy is awsome, would have been 4 or 5 goals in normal time if he hadn't made some cracking saves (the defoe chip sticks out)
Paul Robinson who?

I think the difference between the teams was that you kept the ball better, which meant more pressure.

The atmosphere wasn't as good as i expected, Vale sang and sang the whole time, evan at 3-1 down, and you lot only really started when you went 2-1 up.

After the game we had a massive expodition to try and find the coaches, i tell you they did bloody well to hide 19 coaches!

Got in this morning at 5 o'clock, so im still pretty tired.

All in all, thanks spurs for a good game, a good day out, a chance for a sing song and most of all, thanks for the money (i think we get about 200k off the gate) that will pay all our players wages for 3 months

Spurs4ever
09-11-2006, 01:47 PM
1...2...3 chickens, already counted and now they've hatched! :P

Good to see us win with a pretty average team we put out there, Ifil and that striker are poor reserve team players but we pulled it off.

Great to see The Hudd get on the scoresheet twice but it sounds like they were pretty lucky goals, Defoe scored - poor lad, now he will be dropped for the next game.

Hi Jono,

Mate I beg to differ, Ifil and Dervitte are great young players, kept in a Spurs squad because they've the ability to be part of the future here. What they do wrong the coaches put right in training. On the night Port Vale almost acomplished what Grimsby did to a full strength Spurs side last season. I've seen some courageous battles at Whl by suposedly lesser teams, Stockport, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Chel$ki.

Haha, Defoe was apparantly awesome last night so you are right Jono

Big Jono
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I havent seen the full game, only highlights so I will take your word for it mate but I havent hear of Ifil doing much. Wasnt talking about Dervitte tho, twas that Barcham fella.

Tom_Nufc
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
huddlestone is a quality player. but a team like tottenham shouldnt take till extra time to beat someone like port vale though

Spurs4ever
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
a mate sent me this on MSN Messenger

"yeah it was a good enough game, tried a few of the reserves, dorvitte was class, ifil werent really in it, hudds was fantastic. seriously thought we were out when they scored. got the train fine m8, long fast walk but worth it, got in about 1230"

So partially you were right Jono - Also though Ifil will always be remembered by me for playing in that Right Back roll against Liverpool on his debut a few seasons back and he put in a great performance then.
He'll be picked because he is good, he just needs to adjust to the faster higher profile games.