PDA

View Full Version : A question for mods/admins

dem12345
28-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Can i ask a few questions?

1.) i noticed most of you mods have over 10 000 posts or whatever it is. I also noticed that there are some users around the 5000 mark with user "world class" the next user appears to be mod or admin whatever. Are mods given out based on posts (coz that would seem stupid?) once you get to 10 000 or whatever it is? or as i assume given out by webmasters in charge of football.co.uk?

2.) Can someone give me a rough idea of what the total users online during a strong "user online" time in Europe, me being from Aus always am on when theres maybe at most 7 or 8 registered/hidden registered users online. So what is the average high point on each normal day, at a strong time (not including visitors)

jamieg
28-12-2006, 01:18 PM
1) I have 3000+ posts but was made a mod when i had about 1000. You become a mod by showing that your helping the site move forward.

2) Im not entirely sure but my guess is around 9pm (UK time).

Big Jono
28-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Post count is not taken into account at all when deciding on who becomes mods etc.

A high post count usually is a byproduct of some of the qualities we look for in mods tho which is maybe why you see a correlation between high post count and being a mod, some of these qualities include logs in often, has been around the place for a while, contributes to football discussion in a meaningful manner.

jamieg
28-12-2006, 02:07 PM
:roll:

Big Jono
28-12-2006, 02:09 PM
The only person you lead, Steely, is Bubble Blower. :P

Bubble_Blower
28-12-2006, 02:24 PM
hey thats not fair!! :lol:
Ahmen Steely!

dem12345
29-12-2006, 09:50 AM
1) I have 3000+ posts but was made a mod when i had about 1000. You become a mod by showing that your helping the site move forward.

2) Im not entirely sure but my guess is around 9pm (UK time).

Ok, that and some of the following posts really help answer 1.), thanks.
As for question 2, 9pm, that is a big help, but what i wanted in the reply was the average number, so at 9pm on a typical day (or the strongest point, whatever it is) what is the number of users online roughly. Not guests, just registered and hidden registered users online. Just an average roundabout number, thanks.

Also another question i wanted to ask the admins and mods. (which i forgot to in my first post) Was whether you guys have looked into adding a signature service. Im sure you're all well aware of what im talking about. There's this line underneath the persons post, and that line separates (whats on top of the line) usually the post, and (under the line) the "signature" which can be made by the user. You can have more pics there, to go with the avatar, or you can write stuff their, give links, whatever. Many forums have it. im sure you all well and truly know what im reffering to.

9nufc9
29-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Sigs have been disabled Dem.

9nufc9
29-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Fell down the stairs.

I think they slowed down the forum? People had video's and 2 or 3 images in their sig sometimes. Just to speed up loading times i imagine.

dem12345
29-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Fell down the stairs.

I think they slowed down the forum? People had video's and 2 or 3 images in their sig sometimes. Just to speed up loading times i imagine.

fair enough
still i pose to mods

Ok, that and some of the following posts really help answer 1.), thanks.
As for question 2, 9pm, that is a big help, but what i wanted in the reply was the average number, so at 9pm on a typical day (or the strongest point, whatever it is) what is the number of users online roughly. Not guests, just registered and hidden registered users online. Just an average roundabout number, thanks.

Leo
29-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't know but i know the popular West Ham Fans seem to be on here at work posting.

I taking a guess about 15/20 people on...?

Big Jono
29-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Dem - I think there is usually anywhere from 10-20 users posting in threads during busy times on here.

dem12345
29-12-2006, 11:37 PM
alright thanks a lot guys. that's it for now