PDA

View Full Version : Livorno sack coach

9nufc9
14-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Livorno coach Daniele Arrigoni is out of a job after a 5-1 thrashing at Atalanta on the weekend.

Livorno president Aldo Spinelli dismissed the coach after the game in Bergamo.

Spinelli was scathing of the team after the match, saying: "I am ashamed of this team and it's impossible to conceded 10 goals in three matches."

"I have no choice but to sack the coach."

I thought Livorno were a solid team? I'm pretty sure they're still in the UEFA Cup (could be wrong though) :?

tazz
14-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Just before the Roma game... :?

9nufc9
17-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Daniele Arrigoni was reinstated as Livorno coach less than 48 hours after he was fired by club president Aldo Spinelli.

"The club has decided to confirm its faith in coach Daniele Arrigoni," said Livorno on Tuesday.

Arrigoni, 46, was dismissed Sunday following a 5-1 rout by Atalanta in Italy's Serie A, but Livorno's players met with Spinelli on Monday night to push for the coach's reinstatement.

"The blame for the defeat rests with all of us," Livorno captain Cristiano Lucarelli was quoted as saying in Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday.

"We explained (to Spinelli) that all the conditions are there to continue our adventure with Arrigoni, without breaking it off after five months."

Arrigoni said he was focused on the future.

"My relationship with the team and the president will not change," Arrigoni told the ANSA news agency.

"Now we want to turn the page and just think about working."

GOBati
18-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Lol Spinelli is a joke along with Zamparini and Cellino, I'll never undersatand why managers continue to go to clubs with these chairmen :?