PDA

View Full Version : Edu urges Gunners to sign Robinho

The General
29-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Edu says his former team Arsenal must continue their pursuit of fellow Brazilian Robinho.
The Gunners are reportedly ready to ambush Real Madrid's attempts to sign the Santos striker and Edu believes the 21-year-old would fit in at Highbury.

"They have made a good choice to try and get him. He has amazing talent and is a fantastic player," Edu said.

However, Wagner Ribeiro, one of Robinho's two agents, has dismissed talk of a potential move to London.

The 27-year-old Edu added he "will always remember" his time with Arsenal but felt the "time was right" to move from London to Valencia.

"I have been playing there for almost five years. It is good to play in Spain and I hope to win as many titles as I did with Arsenal," the midfielder said.

"But I will miss my friends which I had on the team. All were good friends and we had a great atmosphere in the group and I have good memories, memories I can never forget."

Mars_
30-06-2005, 05:38 PM
He is going to Spain, says he wants to. Think he would be better of at Barca than Real though!