PDA

View Full Version : Audley Harrison Ko'd within 3 rounds

Gazza-LFC
18-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Audley Harrison's career appears to lie in tatters after he suffered a third-round knockout at the hands of Michael Sprott in their heavyweight clash at Wembley Arena.
Sprott retained his European Union heavyweight title after flooring the former Olympic gold medallist with a stunning left hook after a missed punch had left Harrison exposed.

The 35-year-old took some time to return to his feet, with such a surprise conclusion appearing unlikely in the opening round when Harrison appeared in control.

He appeared to be making the most of his height and reach advantages, and connected with a left before following up with a combination as Sprott flailed on the ropes.

However, Sprott recovered in round two, and after he had composed himself with some good shots of his own, the Reading fighter unleashed the winning blow.

Did anyone watch this?
what a pathetic excuse Harrison is becoming,if he thinks he will eve become World Champion,then he is seriously kidding himself,the man is a joke as a boxer...

Elsewhere Amir Khan impressed once again,demolishing his opponent Mohammed Medjadji in only 45 seconds of the first round with a superb right hook..

Forev
18-02-2007, 01:47 AM
I only watched the Earl fight, it was a [beep] cracker!

Gazza-LFC
18-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Too right it was mate,Earl has superb courage and a massive heart,just a shame he was pulled out by his corner,what a fight that was...

O Dogg
18-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Absolutely p!ssed off. Cant believe I fecking missed it!

I forgot all about it, and didnt even set it to record.
Gutted!!!

Hoop45
18-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh yes!!! The man from Reading has done it again. What a hit to sen Harrison flying and fighting fom such a height deficit. Brilliat! Nice shorts as well!

O Dogg
18-02-2007, 03:12 PM
- Harrison v Sprott for those that missed it

Leo
19-02-2007, 04:45 PM
I only watched the Earl fight, it was a fooking cracker! That was a legend of a fight!

Amir Khan was good but no way should he of got those jeers.

Gazza-LFC
20-02-2007, 01:32 AM
The jeers weren't exactly for Khan,just the fact that it was over before anyone had the chance to get comfortable in their seats,but you're right they shouldn't have jeered,Khan was just doing his job and it's not his fault he's too good for his opponent.

Hoop45
20-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Sprott's a hero round these parts just at the moment!

Leo
20-02-2007, 03:09 PM
The jeers weren't exactly for Khan,just the fact that it was over before anyone had the chance to get comfortable in their seats,but you're right they shouldn't have jeered,Khan was just doing his job and it's not his fault he's too good for his opponent.

What would of been worse if if someone went to the eating queues and missed the fight! :lol:

Gazza-LFC
20-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Sprott's a hero round these parts just at the moment!

And so he should be mate,he floored Harrison and made him look exactly what people are actually thinking of him..

Gazza-LFC
20-02-2007, 03:23 PM

What would of been worse if if someone went to the eating queues and missed the fight! :lol:

:lol: or the toilet,now that would have been really harsh

yidomatt
20-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I enjoyed seeing the tw@t go down.

Johaldo8
21-02-2007, 11:37 PM
I actually know Graham Earl personally. He used to be in my class at school, and I used to play football with him and his brothers as youngsters. In fact, I drink with his cousin in our local.

Anyway, I missed the fight because I took my missus out for Valentine's, but everyone at work was telling me what a cracker it was. They all said "he lost like a champion" i.e. he went down fighting.

I've just watched the fight on Frankwarren.tv here:

I don't care what anyone says, the guy has heart. you see so many boxers take a hit and when they get up off the canvas, they don't fancy it. He did. Brilliant fight.

As for Audley... :lol: :lol: :lol:

O Dogg
22-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Nice one Johaldo - Ill be watching this after Boyz N The Hood :)

The-General
22-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Surely the end for Fraudley Harrison

Just shows amature boxing and pro boxing two require two diffrent sets of skills like Rugby Union and Rugby League

Gazza-LFC
23-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Totally agree with what you said about Earl Johaldo,the man has amazing bravery and heart,most boxers would have stayed down and would have been thankful they were getting paid,but Earl took loads of punishment and never wanted to surrender his belt,it was his corner that pulled him out because he would have carried on otherwise,he's a talented boxer..