PDA

View Full Version : D'Urso dropped from Premiership - HA Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

The General
29-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Referee Andy D'Urso will officiate in the Football League next season after being dropped from the Premiership list, reports BBC Radio Five Live.
The Essex official only took charge of 12 top-flight games last season after serving a 28-day suspension.

D'Urso received the ban after booking Blackburn's Barry Ferguson twice against Southampton on 21 August 2004, but failed to send the midfielder off.

His demotion now comes after he failed a performance review.

fmadmin
29-06-2005, 01:37 PM
i wonder if they called him Andy `Doh` Urso after that :lol:

Big Jono
30-06-2005, 03:27 AM
You're a funny guy conner :)

Its good to see a bit of accountability for the referees tho, especially when the managers get fined and banned for just pointing out when they get it wrong.

fmadmin
30-06-2005, 08:08 AM
who was the referee in the game spurs v man utd where `that goal` was disallowed despite the ball being 2 feet over the line . There should have been a fine or ban for him , worst descision of the season.

Big Jono
01-07-2005, 11:49 AM
And the linesman, he shoulda seen it too. 2 premiership points that cost us, thats a big deal.

twmcat
01-07-2005, 07:16 PM
It must be time to have electronic assistance to see if balls are over the line or not.

Did anyone notice, in this year's FA final that a Man U player, Ronaldo I think, had a shot/cross across goal from the left which seemed to be still in play on the right, but the linesman gave a goal kick, meaning it had gone over the line. The only place this could have happened before it swung out was into the goal.
Nobody seemed to make much fuss about this for which, as a Gooner, I'm glad.
But, if it was fairly and squarely a goal, I wouldn't be able to complain.

CYCOPOLOS
08-07-2005, 01:25 AM
they deffinately need assistance becuase the game is forever getting faster and they are getting more and more decisions wrong it would be a good thing if they got some help.

fmadmin
08-07-2005, 07:44 AM
i would agree with that , but only on decisions concerning whwther the ball has crossed the line as in that goal Spurs `scored` against Man Utd . I would however make it so that it is up to the referee to decide whether to ask for a replay for any decision .

Big Jono
08-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I dont think a replay would be the way to go about it, it would slow the game down too long.

How about a device on the referees wrist that plays lacucaracha or something every time the ball goes over the line.

Livor
08-07-2005, 01:26 PM
The Game iz 2 fast 4 big descions like tht keep it how it is

fmadmin
08-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I dont think a replay would be the way to go about it, it would slow the game down too long.

How about a device on the referees wrist that plays lacucaracha or something every time the ball goes over the line.

or maybe that crazy frog tune , ding...ding...da...ding... it would make the decision damn quick. I think replays would not take too long , they use it in cricket and it takes less than 30 seconds for a decision. After all it would not be happening every few minutes would it , maybe once or twice a match if at all.

twmcat
08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
The assistant ref already have a buzzer thing in their flags to alert the ref about things, so I don't see how anyone can complain about a special frog tune or whatever to tell him that the ball has actually entered the goal.