PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa vs Manchester United

Joe1234
05-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Should be a great match. I expect United to win; what do you think?

ManUtd Girl
11-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Good luck for United to win the first championship in the season, but I think it is a hard game for both teams

Hams
22-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Any early predictions for this weekends Carling Cup final?

In The Premier Aston Villa have just seen off Burnley 5-2 with Ashley Young giving a man of the match display.

While Man Utd lost 3-1 away at Everton despite taking an early lead.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson's men can redeem themselves by defeating West Ham on Tuesday night.

Who do you want to win The League Cup Final?

goldmember
27-02-2010, 08:39 PM
villa seem to be slight favourites for this final and i understand why...

ferguson trying to play mind games saying he might rest rooney...bolcocks...

if villa play that idiot guzan they will regret it,villa might be a bit weak in midfield but man utd could be the same at the back

im going for villa to 2-1 after extra time...

Hams
27-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I can see everyone can't wait for this final on Sunday going by the lack of responses on here!

Even our Man Utd fans can't be bothered to discuss the game or maybe they don't care about it.

I'm still looking forward to watching,it is a final after all.

Bayaker
27-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Hope Villa crush the Salford Yanks, will be nice to see Fergie sulk at the final whistle after having a tantrum over that throw in he didn't get in the 5th minute which obviously cost them the game.

Hams
28-02-2010, 11:07 AM
ferguson trying to play mind games saying he might rest rooney...

Still no news on if Rooney is playing or not.

I don't believe that he won't start and agree that its just Fergie playing mind games!

I'd love to see Villa win today as they haven't won a trophy since 1996.

I'm going to predict

Aston Villa 2-1 Man Utd.

Bayaker
28-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Hoping for a James Milner hattrick with Fabian Delph completing the rout with a brace.

Ben91
28-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm hoping it'll go to extra-time since Liverpool are playing at 15:00 as well. I'm also hoping it won't be as bad as last years final if i do get to catch any of it.

Ben91
28-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Aston Villa Lineup: Friedel; Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock; Downing, Milner, Petrov, A Young; Heskey, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, L Young, Beye, Sidwell, Delph, Carew, Delfouneso

Man United Lineup: Kuszczak; Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Park; Owen, Berbatov.

Subs: Foster, Neville, Brown, Gibson, Scholes, Rooney, Diouf

I don't know who i want to win really. If Villa do it might help them work up a head of steam in the battle for fourth.

Plus, they have sh*t fans who boo anytime they don't win. I'm not exactly fond of United's fans, either, but the Carling Cup won't mean a lot to them.

Ben91
28-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Sounds like it's been a great game. :(

goldmember
28-02-2010, 04:19 PM
vidic should of being sent off but i was glad he didnt,it would of ruined it...

it was a good final,rooney with another great header to win it,unlucky on villa

Hams
28-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Result

Aston Villa 1-2 Man Utd

Sounds like it's been a great game. :(

It was a great final Ben this time!

Villa took the lead early on after 5 mins with a penalty from Millner.

As Goldie said Vidic should have been sent off but the referee never even booked him!

O'Neil's side did well for around 20 mins until Michael Owen poached a goal to make it 1-1.

After that Man Utd dominated the game and Wayne Rooney
who had come on for injured Owen scored the winner with another header!

I guess Aston Villa fans will blame the referee for losing the game.

It was a clear sending off offence and it does seem that Phil Dowd bottled it.

He upset Fergie a while back when he sent off 2 Man Utd players in a game at Fulham.

make of that what you will.

Learning
28-02-2010, 09:42 PM
F@@K OFF~! The game should of been over Vidic should of been sent off and Villa playing the game with 11 vs 10 1-0 up at 4 mins, whats the ref up to? No even a yellow? It was a goal scoring opportunity 1 on 1 if it werent for the foul! I have hardly seen that b4. Then the equaliser, pfft, pure luck, except a good finish from Owen, and he deserved to get injured for scoring for Man U :D :D :D

Great header yet again by Rooney for the winner though, I've been saying, hes scoring more with his head then with his feet nowdays and defenders need to get tighter to him!

I think overall I expected Man U to win it anyway, they can have the league cup, its the only thing they will win this season :D But that red card turned out to be nothing for Vidic is upsetting :P So was Owen scoring! But the lucker f@@kers probably deserved the win overall if not their usual luck helped :D

Ragap
01-03-2010, 10:29 AM
F@@K OFF~! The game should of been over Vidic should of been sent off and Villa playing the game with 11 vs 10 1-0 up at 4 mins, whats the ref up to? No even a yellow? It was a goal scoring opportunity 1 on 1 if it werent for the foul! I have hardly seen that b4. Then the equaliser, pfft, pure luck, except a good finish from Owen, and he deserved to get injured for scoring for Man U :D :D :D

Great header yet again by Rooney for the winner though, I've been saying, hes scoring more with his head then with his feet nowdays and defenders need to get tighter to him!

I think overall I expected Man U to win it anyway, they can have the league cup, its the only thing they will win this season :D But that red card turned out to be nothing for Vidic is upsetting :P So was Owen scoring! But the lucker f@@kers probably deserved the win overall if not their usual luck helped :D

Why is it the only think Utd will win this season? What science is this based on? Are they are out the EPL race and the Champs league yet? We know a team who is dont we?

Learning
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
:D Just my biased view. I dont think they will win the CL, and if they win the league 4 years in a row, that would be some achievement....but I just dont think it will happen.

Ben91
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Sure.

Saint-George SA