PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager of your choice!

The General
12-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I would like to know who and why you would choose a specific manager to run your favourite team!

Please name the person and give a short but detailed description as to why he would be the best man for the job!

Big Jono
13-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Martin ONeil

Great manager, seems like a good guy, good man management skills, and the style of play he promotes would suit spurs perfectly.

He was linked with the post a couple of times recently but i think the timing wasnt right. One for the future but i hope Jol stays for a long time.

The General
13-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Good choice - i would have said him within my top 3!

I would rate Gordon Strachen and also Ian Dowie - both different styles!

I still love Bobby Robson to be honest!

Wished his age was turned back 40 years!

O Dogg
13-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Graham Taylor :)

Thats a joke.
My favourite manager of all time apart from Sir Alex Fergusson was Terry Venables. To me, he is a top guy.

If I was to chose a replacement for Fergie, I think Martin O Neil would be my first choice. It would be good to see what he could do.

Strachen is a great manager already, and I think Dowie has alot of potential. But has to be O Neil for me.

$enior
14-07-2005, 09:14 AM
I would like to see Tony Mowbray in charge of the boro in a few years time.

Not now because he's just started managing, but his first season with hibs was fantastic guiding them to a impressive 3rd place, With him being a boro lad and ex-captain im sure if he continues his good work with hibs he will be the next boro manager.