PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Predictor competition

tizzwoz
16-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi all,

I have run a competition in work for the past 2 years and I would like to open it up to you lovely people for next season. Its good fun, really addictive and can win you a couple of quid too. I wont go into too much detail about the rules just yet, I just wanted to gage if anybody would be interested.

What happens is: I send you an email every week which has the forthcoming premiership fixtures on it. All you have to do is pick a team that you think will WIN their fixture. If your team does win, you go through to the next round, if your team draws or loses, your out. Sounds simple right??? Wrong. The competition gets harder because you aren't allowed to choose the same team twice. The winner is literally the last man standing.

To avoid anyone cheating, I send a second email out on Thursday evenings with everyones predictions, thus avoiding cheating gits.

Last year the winner took away 100 but more importantly, everyone who played really liked it.

Obviously it does cost to enter this competition, however I am trying to find out how many people are interested before stating an entry fee. Also, im trying to figure out a way in which you guys can play and yet trust me not to run off with your money. I am aware that many of you will have reservations about sending any amount of money to me as I could quite easily do a runner. If anyone has a any suggestions, i'd like to hear them. However please dont suggest giving the money to the moderator as I have several work frioends who will also be entering.

Please let me know if your interested by replying to this thread or emailing . Obviously the competition wont start for another 4 weeks or so.

O Dogg
16-07-2005, 12:21 PM
We will be holding our own competition for the up and coming season. This post will remain however for any members who are willing to join up.

I have removed the additional posts as it is only required the once.

Good luck with your competition