PDA

View Full Version : Frings and Vanden Borre on their way to the Serie A?

Moravcik
08-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings has confirmed that he may join Juventus at the end of the season.

The German international was paired with the Bianconeri recently, but Werder's sporting director Klaus Allofs had insisted that the ace would honour his contract that runs until 2009. However, Frings has today admitted that a Turin switch may be on the cards for the 2007-08 campaign. "Juventus want me at all costs," said Frings. "They are interested in me not as any midfielder, but as the midfielder. I am seriously considering this option," added the player, who returned to Bremen in 2005 after two seasons with Borussia Dortmund and one at Bayern Munich.

Allofs has conceded that he wouldn't stand in the way of the proposed transfer. "I am surprised that he is speaking so openly about this, but we will not let this put us under pressure," said the director. "When you sign a contract you commit to honouring it, but if Torsten does not want to stay then I will not put chains on him to drag him to training in the morning."

In other news, Anderlecht defender Anthony Vanden Borre has reached an agreement with Fiorentina, his agent has confirmed.

The stopper's contract with the Belgian club expires in 2010, but a clause in his deal allows him to leave in advance and that seems to be what will happen in the summer. "Vanden Borre's future? There is an agreement between the player and the Viola," declared agent Antonio Stinà. "When will he sign a contract with Fiorentina? Possibly even before June," concluded the defender's representative.

Vanden Borre, 19, has been with the club since the age of eight and recently attracted the interest of several European outfits, including Juventus, Inter, Bayern Munich, Tottenham and Levante.

rkredslfc
09-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah Frings style of play would be good in Serie A

Gonzaga
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I will be over the moon if we get Frings, he was imo the main reason for the good campaing of Germany in WC. Excellent player. Next season team, to get the Scudetto back:
-------------------------BUFFON------------------------
SAGNOL---BOUMSOUNG--CHIELLINI--BALZARETTI
----------------FRINGS------------PARO---------------
CAMORANESI---------------------------------NEDVED
--------------DEL PIERO------GILARDINO-------------

Bubble_Blower
11-04-2007, 02:30 PM
^^^is Gilardino off to Tuscany?

Frings would be a good awesome player in Serie A-one of an elite few germans i rate- Out of interest whats happening with Nicola Legrottaglie?

Gonzaga
11-04-2007, 07:23 PM
you mean Toscana? mate Juve is not from Toscana, Viola are from Toscana. We're from Piemonte :p. and there are rumours linking him with us

Bubble_Blower
12-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Toscana?
i meant Turin but i dont even know what toscana is?

Gonzaga
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
If you meant Turin why didnt you say Turin??? :? Tuscany=Toscana

Bubble_Blower
12-04-2007, 02:30 PM
If you meant Turin why didnt you say Turin??? :? Tuscany=Toscana :oops: :lol: :lol:

Moravcik
13-04-2007, 03:07 PM
I will be over the moon if we get Frings, he was imo the main reason for the good campaing of Germany in WC. Excellent player. Next season team, to get the Scudetto back:
-------------------------BUFFON------------------------
SAGNOL---BOUMSOUNG--CHIELLINI--BALZARETTI
----------------FRINGS------------PARO---------------
CAMORANESI---------------------------------NEDVED
--------------DEL PIERO------GILARDINO-------------

I thought it would be Del Piero and Toni in attack next season? :P

Gonzaga
13-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah there are romours linking Toni with us too, but I dont think we will sign him, Viola are asking too much. And Gila is imo a better player, younger and will probably be released easily by Milan than Toni by Fiorentina. And, the most important, Gila never denied that he was a gobbo in his childhood :D

GOBati
13-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah there are romours linking Toni with us too, but I dont think we will sign him, Viola are asking too much. And Gila is imo a better player, younger and will probably be released easily by Milan than Toni by Fiorentina. And, the most important, Gila never denied that he was a gobbo in his childhood :DImo Gila isn't as good as Toni, and if you sell Trezeguet Toni is his natural replacement

Gonzaga
13-04-2007, 04:52 PM
We wont sell Trezeguet unless we have an irrejectable offer. And if he stays I would rather see a Gila-Del Piero attack than keep Trez-Del Piero

GOBati
13-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah you'll spend about €20 millions for Gila to keep Trezeguet on the bench.. at least you can play with all the 3 of them, if you don't want to drop Alex.. anyway I've the impression that Gila gives his best when he plays as the only forward

Gonzaga
13-04-2007, 05:14 PM
20 millions? No, not that much. After Ronaldo's arrival Gila lost some space in Milan, and the fans dont like him very much cause hes juventino. We could also sell Bojinov instead of Trezeguet, I bet that a team like Lazio, Udinese or Fiorentina would pay lets say 7-8millions for him

GOBati
13-04-2007, 08:18 PM
20 millions? No, not that much. After Ronaldo's arrival Gila lost some space in Milan, and the fans dont like him very much cause hes juventino. We could also sell Bojinov instead of Trezeguet, I bet that a team like Lazio, Udinese or Fiorentina would pay lets say 7-8millions for himI think you won't pay him less than 17-18 millions (Milan got him for 25..). But isn't Bojinov still on loan from Fiorentina?

Gonzaga
14-04-2007, 01:36 PM
nah I think we swapped him for Mutu

GOBati
14-04-2007, 02:56 PM
nah I think we swapped him for MutuYep it's what I thought too, before hearing a few times that hes on loan. But it sounds strange to me hes still on loan..

9nufc9
16-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings has confirmed he will be meeting with representatives of Juventus in the coming days to discuss a move to the Serie B leaders.

The Turin club have made no secret of their desire to sign the Germany international as they prepare for a return to Serie A.

They have already raided the Bundesliga to sign Hasan Salihamidzic from Bayern Munich and are reportedly also tracking Bayern striker Claudio Pizarro as well as Frings' Bremen team-mate Miroslav Klose.

While Klose was remaining tight-lipped over the speculation, Frings revealed he would be flying to Turin this week to see how it suits him.

"I have an appointment in Turin in the next few days and I will travel there and take it all in before deciding," he told Arena television.

Bubble_Blower
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Torsten Frings has turned down the chance to join Juventus and agreed a contract extension with Werder Bremen.

The Germany international, who had two years left on his existing deal, had been granted permission to hold talks with the Old Lady.

However, Frings decided his heart was with Werder and agreed a four-year extension that ties him to the club until 2011.

"I had a great offer from Juventus but for me Werder are an affair of the heart," he told the club's official website.

Werder's sporting director Klaus Allofs was naturally delighted the player opted to stay instead of joining the Italians.

"We gave Torsten the chance to have a good look at the offer from Turin because we feel it is important that our players want to play for Bremen with all their heart," he said.

"Torsten has made his decision to stay with us. We have been able to keep an excellent player."

No go with Fring to Juve!

Gonzaga
10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Tedesco di merda!

GOBati
10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Haha someone said no to the Gobbi :roll: :P :lol:

Kyana
24-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Shame that he didn't join the Seria A giants, though good to see players with dignity and loyalty these days.