PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Hatton v Jose Luis Castillo

Gazza-LFC
18-06-2007, 09:03 PM
This is the next chapter in Hatton's quest to conquer America,with mexican legend Castillo standing in his way,both fighters have superb records with Castillo being in the ring with better fighters,he comes in with the more experience..

So who is your money on this saturday?

I seriously hope i'm wrong with my prediction,but i think Hatton has gone too far like Naz did with Barrera,his stamina is pish poor and Castillo will blow him away in the later rounds,he struggled in both fights in America so far both in the later rounds,he was lucky he was winning on points in his first fight,and in his last fight against Urango he held too much and bored the life out of Urango,he won't be able to get near Castillo to do that this time,Castillo on points or a KO in the later rounds :shock:

Please let me be wrong on this but that's my gut instinct

Hatton
won 42 lost 0 drawn 0

Castillo
won 55 lost 7 drawn 1

spurs_craig
18-06-2007, 09:29 PM
its all on hatton...im not one of these...he's british so i'll support him type of fan...but im thinking after the last fight(if u can call it that) he's gonna step up his game and hopefully show off his skills...

Gazza-LFC
18-06-2007, 09:37 PM
I seriously hope you're right mate,i honestly hope he steps up his game and proves me wrong,but his last 2 fight's he's been really poor,and you can't be off your game against someone as good as Castillo..

Hoop45
19-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I agree. Hatton has certainly been off the pace over the last couple of fights and he needs to step it up against someone of Castillo's reputation and stature. I think he can do it though if he focuses and fights like he knows he can.

fmadmin
19-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Hatton didn't impress me against Urango. They are both similar fighters and I think he'll find it more difficult against Castillo.

Hatton has never lost, I'll go for Castillo to win.

Hoop45
24-06-2007, 10:17 AM
RICKY! RICKY! RICKY!

fmadmin
24-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Bugg*r!

Oh well, at least the English guy won.

I slept and missed it. Did he batter him?

Hoop45
24-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I think savage would be the fitting word. Fourth Round win for Hatton after literally swarming Castillo and landing some great shots. Finished with a brutal left hander to the chest of Castillo and he went down like a cheap hooker for the count.

fmadmin
24-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Still, I'd batter Hatton on Fight Night.

Hoop45
24-06-2007, 10:53 AM
:lol:

I'd seriously doubt you could batter a Cod!

spongebob
24-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Hatton Hatton Hatton. Quality, but i'm pi**ed off - i missed it - stupid Sentana sports. :lol:

Gazza-LFC
24-06-2007, 02:23 PM
That is the best body punch i have ever seen,Castillo had never been knocked down in 64 fights,so for Hatton to beat him after just 4 rounds was really impressive,maybe the Americans will start taking Hatton seriously from now on,but i can't see it to be honest....

De La Hoya,Cotto or Shane Mosley look like they could be the next opponent,so the big fights are coming thick and fast now for Hatton..

I'm sooooo glad my prediction was wrong :lol:

Hoop45
24-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Theres been a lot of doubt within the media that Mayweather or Cotto would want to fight Hatton. Mosley would be a more realistic target in my opinion.

Gazza-LFC
24-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I would say either Mosley or De La Hoya would be the next,but Paulie Malignaggi is also another realistic opponent too,and he actually said he wanted Hatton next after his fight on friday night...

Hoop45
24-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Even after such a great win from Hatton i still don't think that he is still going to have gained much recognition in the States though, so i don't think that Mayweather would consider the prospect of coming out of retirement just to fight Hatton.

Gazza-LFC
25-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Unfortunately that is shockingly true Floody,that is the way Americans unfortunately treat our boxers though,i can just imagine the arrogance coming from them after Hatton destroyed Castillo,no doubt about it a lot would be now saying that Castillo is past it and Hatton fought him when he was on his way out of Boxing...

Our boxers never get the credit,the same was said about Lennox Lewis when he beat Holyfield and Tyson,i was watching ESPN the other day and a well respected American Boxing journalist was talking about a book he has just published about his all time top 100 boxers,and they were showing clips of the top 10 that he chose,at the end the host of the show asked him why Lewis wasn't in his top 10 and he turned round and started laughing and said that if you read my book you'll find that Lewis aint even in my top 100 - now how arrogant and over the top is that :lol: