PDA

View Full Version : Ince hired as New Dons boss

jamesp_1927
25-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Milton Keynes Dons have named the former England international Paul Ince as Martin Allen's successor.

Ince has managerial experience at Macclesfield Town having taken charge of the Silkmen last season when they were marooned at the foot of League Two and guiding them to safety.

He takes over in the Dons hot-seat from Allen who left earlier this summer to take charge of Leicester City.

Ince's number two Ray Mathias and fitness coach Duncan Russell will also move to the National Hockey Stadium after tendering their resignations at Moss Rose.

"This has been a tremendously difficult decision for me," Ince told Macc's official website.

"My heart said stay with Macclesfield Town, but my head told me to go to MK Dons.

"It feels like the decision Thierry Henry has had to make regarding going to Barcelona.

"They have significantly more resources for me to work with and, as I'm ambitious to make it to the very top, I think I have to go for it.

"Wherever I finish up as a manager, this was where I started - and I won't forget that."

Taken from

A little unexperienced but based on the job he done last year for Macclesfield he looks like a top manager with a lot of potential.

Maybe a bright future is ahead now for MK Dons. They have a great new stadium, a young squad and a young manager with fresh ideas.