PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 or XBox 360

spongebob
29-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I recently got the Ps3 but wanna know if you think the xbox is better?

Sticky T
29-06-2007, 06:02 PM
well in terms of value for money the ps3 is a complete joke.

i personally think the xbox 360 is better generally anyway.

do you feel like you've been mugged by sony?

-Dave-
29-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Got the 360 for xmas.
Could've waited and got the PS3, but i decided not to.
Don't regret it either.

Conaldinho
29-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I got me an xbox along with Gears of War & Rainbow Six Vegas a few days ago off ebay for £160 and another £60 for a 120gb hard drive. It hasnt arrived yet but apparently theres not really much difference between the two so for value for money I definitely think the xbox is better

-Dave-
30-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Got both of those games, both are f*cking awesome!

Hoop45
30-06-2007, 03:58 PM
You wait till Heano sees this thread.......

Sticky T
30-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I got me an xbox along with Gears of War & Rainbow Six Vegas a few days ago off ebay for £160 and another £60 for a 120gb hard drive. It hasnt arrived yet but apparently theres not really much difference between the two so for value for money I definitely think the xbox is better

i bought that game for £15. 3 minutes later i sold it for £18.

i don't know what it's like, i just bough it from one shop because game station said they would give me £18 for it.

i wasn't going to pay £5 for soul caliber you see.

fmadmin
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
expalin that again sticky ...how did you pay £15 for it and then sell it 3 mins later for £18 ..did you buy it from one shop and then sell it in gamestation . ?

Sticky T
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
yes.

because all the other old dreamcast games were £2 other than soul caliber (which is the one i wanted) but i wasn't going to pay £5 for it.

Felix is the shiz
09-07-2007, 09:13 AM
You wait till Heano sees this thread.......

........ who?

Conaldinho
09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Forev...

My xbox still hasnt arrived, nearly 2 weeks now since it was sent so if it doesnt arrive in the next day or 2 then im going to start getting worried

rkredslfc
10-07-2007, 05:32 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA HA! Dave13 you've got a 360 and is ur one stuffed.

Sticky T
11-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Forev...

My xbox still hasnt arrived, nearly 2 weeks now since it was sent so if it doesnt arrive in the next day or 2 then im going to start getting worried

dude, that's nothing. i ordered a game about 150 days ago...

still hasn't arrived :cry:

Conaldinho
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Only difference being a game is worth Ä50 or whatever but mine cost Ä260..add to that the cost of a 120gb hard drive & 2 games ive already bought :evil:

bev-lee
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Gears is extreme, does anyone know if PS3 allows voice chat???

Apparently most developers dont want to make to versions of the same game so even though PS3 has better graphics, you will only notice on PS3 only games. Oh, and on PS3 you get a glorified version of HabboHotel OMG, 360 better value for money and now with MSN.

Ameer
12-07-2007, 09:43 AM
No 360 is not better value for money. As you need to buy all plug in and add one part for it.

The PS3 is expensive but is worth every penny of it, as it is the cheapest blu ray player on the market bar non, secondly the it has a built in hard disk and last it is a true HD gaming consol which means its games and out put are of 1080P, which is the highest possible HD resolution you can get.

Match that with a Bravia or a Pioneer screen which is true HD (1080p) as well and you will have the best gaming experience ever, plus watching movies on blu ray will be an immense joy as well.

I canít wait till I get my whole set.

Vikingod
09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
No 360 is not better value for money. As you need to buy all plug in and add one part for it.

The PS3 is expensive but is worth every penny of it, as it is the cheapest blu ray player on the market bar non, secondly the it has a built in hard disk and last it is a true HD gaming consol which means its games and out put are of 1080P, which is the highest possible HD resolution you can get.

Match that with a Bravia or a Pioneer screen which is true HD (1080p) as well and you will have the best gaming experience ever, plus watching movies on blu ray will be an immense joy as well.

I canít wait till I get my whole set.

I'm with you, mate - I've been an avid PS man since the first one. I have played both the X-Box and the 360 and have been unmoved. I declined a 360 (as a xmas pressie) when Sony failed to bring out the PS3 last November and will be buying my PS3 as soon as I have enough cash. Microsoft can kiss my @rse!

marcofoo
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm going for the PS3 myself... the games to come look better imo.

YoBBo
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
I got both my bros got xbox and i got ps3 really like both, the xbox as a system works better just i feel the graphics on most of the ps3 games excedes that of the xbox althou xbox is a very gd console,

lots of ppl say xbox is better just coz they cant afford the ps3 so they say the console they have is better.

Xbox controllers r better.

360 better value for money only coz its quite a bit cheaper but when the ps3 comes down to the same price theyll b better value for money.

imo ps3 slightly better but only slightly

ps3 does allow voice chat i think .

and conaldinho why the fuck would u want a 120gb hard drive 60 is fine enough my bros xbox only 20 gb and hes got plenty of space.

And Gears of war is the most overated game ever.

it all comes down to personal preferance depends what u like better graphics on games, or a better run system

Conaldinho
10-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I got the 120GB one on ebay and it was only Ä15 more expensive than a 20GB one from Argos, so for the sake of Ä15 I thought I'd be as well to get it.

Dont think ive mentioned it on here but the xbox didnt come for over a month so I just gave up and got a refund for it, I went down to Argos and got one and then as you'd expect, the very next day it came in the post :roll:

So ive got 2 now, having to sell one again on ebay. If anyone is after one then let me know!!

As for Gears of War, I agree. its such a repetitive game, every battle scene is the same thing

Max
10-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Is it a PAL version? I am actually interested in an XbX. What is your offer?

Sticky T
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
If you're selling it on the cheap then i might be interested.

Conaldinho
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah max its PAL, probably wouldnt work in America

I paid £170 for it so im looking for about the same price. Its got 2 controllers, a memory unit & Gears of War along with it too.

Its already been bought on ebay but im not sending it to the guy because as far as I can tell someone hacked into his account because he wants it sent to Nigeria. I reported it to ebay and they said it probably is someone who's broken into his account and they'll probably cancel the deal.

If you're interested then PM me

-Dave-
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA HA! Dave13 you've got a 360 and is ur one stuffed.

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Max
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM

I paid £170 for it so im looking for about the same price. Its got 2 controllers, a memory unit & Gears of War along with it too.

Its already been bought on ebay but im not sending it to the guy because as far as I can tell someone hacked into his account because he wants it sent to Nigeria. I reported it to ebay and they said it probably is someone who's broken into his account and they'll probably cancel the deal.

Yeah it wouldn't. I mean I could make it work but I am too lazy to make the necessary adjustments. Sorry :(

But, hopefuly I can win one tomorrow. Wish me luck :D

Max
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM

Yeah it wouldn't. I mean I could make it work but I am too lazy to make the necessary adjustments. Sorry :(

But, hopefuly I can win one tomorrow. Wish me luck :D

Conaldinho
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Aye good luck! Bit of advice...if youre getting one on ebay then make sure it gets sent by registered post, mine was only sent in regular parcelpost and took a month to come

Max
12-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I didn't win :(. There was a tourny to play Madden 07. I know how to play Madden 07, the problem was that it was being played on an xbx360 and I am good at it from ps2. So I got beat because I didn't know how to handle the xbx type game as it felt different and I couldn't do my game tricks and stuff I usually do. Oh well, I guess it's down to just buying the damn thing.