PDA

View Full Version : West Ham United - Takeover?

The General
17-08-2005, 11:12 AM
West Ham are reportedly set to be subject to a 90m takeover bid from an Iranian-led consortium in the next week.

What will this do for the Hammers!

Will it happen - can it help?

Big Jono
17-08-2005, 03:25 PM
hmm... Iranian led consortium sounds a little bit vague.

It all depends on whether they are looking to make a good football team or make money.

Andywhu
17-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Im not having this one!, the chairman has often said he will sell to the right person, some iranian with a few dodgy quid is not the right person.

The hawks are around upton park because its a premiership club with average crowds of 33000, and 30million in debt, i dont mind a change but would prefer someone from Russia!

The General
17-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Good answer but maybe their tin and iron is good as Romans Oil!

Andy - try and introduce yourself in the Newcomers area and create your own thread!

I am sure you are the sort of guy that has a lot to offer our new forum!

O Dogg
17-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Agreed with the above from General.

I think until more information is released, you cant judge these people. West Ham are a big club that will continue to grow. What happened with Chelsea was Freak, and is unlikely to happen again in a long long time.

Big Jono
18-08-2005, 05:58 AM
Yep, good luck to West Ham. People investing in football is a good thing and should be encouraged.

I think the English game is better off for Abromovichs investment, no matter what people say. It certainly has made things a lot more interesting, the premiership is no longer a 2 horse race.

The General
18-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Just the one - But look at the Glazers - what its doing is attracting more money from around the world for the people that see the publicity opportunities and the Kudos of being linked to a Premiership side with Global distribution!

Scruffmo
18-08-2005, 10:02 AM
According to football-rumours.com the iranian is also interested in Aston Villa but I doubt Deadly Doug would sell.

The General
18-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Doug surely surely must give in now!

Let it go Doug!
Your time has come!