PDA

View Full Version : Football.co.uk Forum - Moving Forwards

O Dogg
23-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to thank our long term members for sticking with football.co.uk, and helping us continue to grow.

In the last 6 months, I would like to think that the forum itself has improved. Yes there have been a few individuals who have been making a nuisance of themselves, however we have a core of great members. You know who you are - and I thank each and every one of you for doing your bit.

The football.co.uk Admin and Mod team have been working hard to improve in several areas, including reducing Spam, making the forum a more friendly and safe place, and trying to get on top of server issues.

We have seen some great results so far, and hopefully will continue to improve moving forward.

By reducing the amount of spam coming onto the forum, I am happy to say that we no longer need our moderator team - so they will all be sacked on the spot..... jk ,;)

In all seriousness, now that the spam has reduced, it has freed my team up to enable them to moderate the forum properly. It has also enabled them to continue enjoying the forum, by freeing up time for them to post and get involved in all discussions.

Going forward, I want to request that you all try and make newcomers feel very welcome, taking the time to welcome them and try getting to know them. Each member that signs up is potentially a great member - so we don't want them going elsewhere. I want that core of great members to grow - and for that, I need your help.

If any members have any problems at all, please contact myself, and any of the mod team and we will be more than happy to help you.

Lastly, I want to congratulate Agent Smith, and her team in the Womens section. If you look at all the forums on here, you will notice just how good a job they have done. The Womens forum is very successful, and has far less bickering and arguing in it than any other section on the forum - and is continuing to grow on a daily basis. I would like to think we can get every section functioning in the same way.

Feel free to leave comments in here, and any feedback is welcomed.

Kind Regards
Shane

-Dave-
23-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Aye aye cap'n! :lol:

Tez Arne
23-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Well said Dogg, that was a great Neil Kinnock-like speech. As a fellow Welshman he'd be proud of you.

,;)

Millsy
23-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Well done OD - bit MLK-esque but nice.

While we're on the subject, my thanks goes out to anyone and everyone who has posted or helped in the Arts & GFX sectiuon, and the Kits section. Great work guys - lets keep it all going!

Big Jono
24-08-2007, 05:04 AM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3849/forrowpe2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Agent Smith
24-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Lastly, I want to congratulate Agent Smith, and her team in the Womens section. If you look at all the forums on here, you will notice just how good a job they have done. The Womens forum is very successful, and has far less bickering and arguing in it than any other section on the forum - and is continuing to grow on a daily basis. I would like to think we can get every section functioning in the same way.
Thanks Shane, we're a one happy bunch down there ,;)
The women's world cup starts soon
so I'm hoping for more people to join and post in our little section ,8)
Thanks for giving me a heart-attack too, by moving the section higher
so when I logged in and didn't see it at the bottom,
I thought it has been deleted :lol: ,;)
x

rkredslfc
24-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Well sadi Dr. D the forum has come a long way in my year on board.

justme!
24-08-2007, 09:13 AM

I second that! From what it used to be and what it is now is incredible ,8)
Thank you very much Agent :)

fmadmin
24-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I did notice the distinct lack of Spam. Good job!

Yes, well done Agent and the Womens team. You've all done a good job keeping me in line just about. That is quite the task ,8)

fmadmin
24-08-2007, 10:48 AM
and as Agent Smith and everyone who posts in in the womens section has proved ..it is quite possible to have sensible and pleasent conversation without the need for constant swearing and bad language .

fmadmin
24-08-2007, 10:58 AM
and as Agent Smith and everyone who posts in in the womens section has proved ..it is quite possible to have sensible and pleasent conversation without the need for constant swearing and bad language .

I've been controlling myself much more these days.

Tom_Nufc
24-08-2007, 12:49 PM
nice speech O! good work mods and admins, keep it going.

justme!
24-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Oh yes, it is quite pleasent!

One does enjoy to discuss the game football with a cup of tea and scones hehe...

:roll:

:wink:

fmadmin
24-08-2007, 02:19 PM

I've been controlling myself much more these days.

believe me ..you are well down the chart when it comes to the above .... :wink:

Hoop45
24-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Nice post Dogg, tis a good forum apart from one or two in recent weeks.

J-Axe
31-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Good job. About time some improvements were made by the top dogs.

Some forum abusers have been banished and the forum will flourish due to that. The lack of spambots getting in the way is a big improvement also.

Forev
31-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Any word on making the forum more compact? There are so many sections clogging up the place which aren't needed or that can be combined into one section covering multiple competitions.

J-Axe
31-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Like my forum. ,;)

O Dogg
31-08-2007, 12:57 PM
If you get the suggestions - Ill look into it.

Peter_rggu
01-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Like my forum. ,;)
but who doesn't? ,;)

like it very much, but the biggest problem for me is the navigation board to the left of the main body of forum. There are only 12 items, and not all of them are very popular.

Tom_Nufc
01-09-2007, 11:34 PM
im so glad we have an admin that contributes so constuctively to the forum.

Big Jono
02-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Yea O Doggs awesome eh Tom ,;-)

Tom_Nufc
02-09-2007, 01:58 PM
wise move, deleting your "vagina post" :lol:

Big Jono
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I have no idea what youre talking about. :D