PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising

Buckard
17-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi guys, basically I really need some ideas for how I can rasie some funds for my club. I started my saturday team up from scratch 18 months ago and I'm now looking to expand the club by starting up a sunday league team to run along side my saturday team and i'm now starting to look into how I can raise the funds required to do this. Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers guys

fmadmin
18-02-2008, 12:13 AM
have a race night will all funds going towards your club.also have a raffle at it.fair play also for setting up your team

strass71
18-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Youre a glutton for punishment.

However there are a host of ways to raise money just make sure its all done properly i.e. you should set up a bank account for your club if you havent done so allready. The obvious reason for this is so that there is transparency that allows everyone to see how much money comes in and goes out where from and where to and who's got it. Its much easier and less problematic if you do it that way.

Some tips:

1. Charge a reasonable signing on fee £10. It gives an instant cash boost that takes care of essentials. It also gets you players who are more serious about playing with regards to mens football. Those who pay it are less likely to clear off after a few games.

2. Get a good sponsor. Its not hard to do. Some will buy kits, some will buy training tops, others will give you a cash injection to use at your discretion, some might even do the lot.

3. Sponsored events. These are quite good because it gets the players involved in helping the club and there a whole host of activities you could do. An idea could be to link it with a charitable cause with half going to the charity and half going to your club.

4. Bus stop cards. Various different kinds. Do them every home game in the pub or wherever you go back to after a game. Can be a reasonable source of income.

Buckard
18-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Cheers for the help guys. I have tried to find sponsorship in the past but I have found it hard to come by. Have you got any ideas on where to look for this?

G_Man
18-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Sponsership seems to be fairly easy up here. As i work for the SFA we get alot of people who ask us to help there club

strass71
19-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Dont want much do you bucky. First you want my business ideas for free and now you want to know everything else too. The cheek of it.

Anyhow with regards to sponsorship you really have to just go out and ask people who you feel could help you. It really is that simple. Some of your team may work for companies that might be willing to help out by using some of their advertising budget to help out as theres a bit of tax relief in there for them. Just be pro active in exploring all the possibilities as there are a lot. I managed to speak to the director of a company who has a contract with hewlett packard and he managed to get them to sponsor a kit to the tune of £500. I got the managing director of another company that has a turnover of £10 million in this country alone to sponsor the tracksuits and rain jackets that all my coaches wear to the tune of £750. Im good at it but if you have a reasonable approach to it its actually not that difficult. Ive even sponsored a kit myself to the tune of £500 just to spread a little love.

G_Man
19-02-2008, 01:48 PM
10 million? who are you?

G_Man
19-02-2008, 01:48 PM
10 million? who are you?

AFCTUBully
19-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Im good at it but if you have a reasonable approach to it its actually not that difficult. Ive even sponsored a kit myself to the tune of £500 just to spread a little love.

C'mon man get a grip…! - Give everybody else a chance please…!

strass71
19-02-2008, 07:20 PM
10 million? who are you?
Gman you are becoming quite a pain. I could name drop but i wont. However i will say this, I f you come to my town i will prove it to you. Failure to do so on my part means i will pay all your expenses for the trip. It really is that simple. Im not in the business of making claims i cant back up. Im Not wealthy, Rich or anything like that, i just run a small business that does quite well. I made some very good contacts and friends through coaching their kids and as a result some of them have given me very valuable support and advice. I coach a cross section of the community from kids that can scarcely afford the kit theyre in to kids whose parents are worth millions of pounds and in some cases a lot more than that. I coach in schools and colleges. I coach individuals, groups and teams in addition to running courses. The contact list from doing this for 12 years and running it as a business for 10 years is extensive. So you see given the aforementioned information its not hard to see where im coming from. People dont just give their money away, but if the package your offering appeals to them then anything is possible.

G_Man
19-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Wouldnt say im a pain, maybe an honest pain and i would like to take the offer of meeting you, if you are who you say you are. And that well off it wouldnt be to hard to find who you are.

strass71
19-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Wouldnt say im a pain, maybe an honest pain and i would like to take the offer of meeting you, if you are who you say you are. And that well off it wouldnt be to hard to find who you are.
Do you not read. I am not rich and i am not wealthy. I make more than a decent living from what i do. Im not anywhere close to being rich. I secured sponsorhip from a global company and they sponsor the kit that my coaches wear. That company has a turnover of £10 million in this country alone. I urge you to read more carefully.

G_Man
19-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Must be well off to secure a very big deal worth that amount of money?

strass71
20-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Must be well off to secure a very big deal worth that amount of money?

Youre making me laugh now :lol: because if i dont i think i might cry. All in all my sponsorship deal with them is worth about £1200. i got £750 which i spent on tracksuits and rain jackets for my coaches. The sponsor then paid for printing and banners that have my company name and his on them so i can hang them at coaching venues. Are we clear now?

G_Man
20-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Wow very. Need a friend ,;)

strass71
20-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow very. Need a friend ,;)
Now you see why i was talking about a franchise. I did it working from scratch not knowing anything about business in the real world and i made a career out of it. Ive learnt a lot over the years and keep learning, i love it.