PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool F.C

Irish red
13-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Can liverpool get there 6th european cup or is it out of there way a bit!

oranjepalooza
13-09-2005, 06:00 PM
The Champions League is always open for anyone to win.....Who expected Porto to win? or Liverpool? So, the obvious answer is yes they could win it, but thats because theres a bunch of teams that could, and the factor of Luck always figures in, which nobody can predict.

I look forward to the CL this year, it should be very exciting and after what has happened the past couple years, nothing surprises me anymore..... :wink:

vermiciousknid
21-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Let's hope Liverpool do win, remind everyone of what the past decade's were like, when football was brilliant...AND we f***in' dominated it and Europe!! (not taht I remember, I'm just very knowledgable of my team!

Big Jono
22-09-2005, 03:09 AM
I think Liverpool can win it again this year, but they wont.

The General
22-09-2005, 07:39 AM
They have the squad but I will go on record and state that they will not win it!

loveuamy
22-09-2005, 03:59 PM
hmmmm.....

never say never in football!
i'm not sure if Liverpool can win this year..
but i'll cheer for them,
expecting to see they do their best on the pitch every match to defend the title!

fmadmin
30-09-2005, 03:03 PM
rather them than chelsea

Big Jono
30-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Rather anyone than Arsenal :lol: (that ones for the getting at me in another thread Conner :D)

jamieg
02-10-2005, 12:49 AM
One quick word here! NO! Arsenal all the way!!!

Gazza-LFC
02-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Arsenal will always have a chance...
as for my beloved team,yeah of course we can do it again,we outplayed chelsea and if we knew how to score we would have won comfortably too,so we can beat anyone,just ask juventus fans lol....
Nobody will fancy liverpool after last season...
The Rafalution has begun....

oranjepalooza
02-10-2005, 03:36 AM
I too agree Liverpool has a chance to repeat, but it's always much more difficult the 2nd time, especially with other teams wanting to be the ones to 'knock' the defending champs out of the tourney.

I also feel you hit it on the head with your comment 'if we knew how to score' ....Rafa is a master of drawing up game plans to offset the other side, but Liverpool struggles to get goals and this is a weakness that will usually catch up, especially when you meet a team that has more than 1 or 2 players that can score.....I fear for the day they get in a real 'shoot-out' where they will need to match the other side goal for goal, in like a game where more then 4 or 5 goals are scored........not sure the correct strikeforce is in hand, they require goals from the midfield, it would be nice to have a striker that is dangerous, I personally think that Cisse lacks something, I've yet to figure it out, but something there is missing....

As always, just my opinion......

Gazza-LFC
02-10-2005, 04:25 AM
I honestly think it's a lack of confidence with cisse..
it's obvious Benitez doesn't like him,it's a shame the deal was already done by the time Benitez turned up,i mean he's suffered an horrific injury and is continuing to play out of position,so that alone can't be good for confidence...

Peter Crouch is a superb buy for us but he's crying out for a striker to play alongside,until that is sorted out then we will continue to struggle for goals,but i'm confident we have a good enough squad...just look at last season,we didn't have a recognised out and out striker but still reached two finals,and don't forget we still have fernando morientes to come back in which can only make us stronger,he couldn't play in europe last season,so its another bonus for us this season...

Big Jono
02-10-2005, 06:22 AM
I think im starting to sound like a broken record but how good would Owen be nect to Crouch for Liverpool this season.

I know they were priced out of a deal for him but i think his goals would be invaluable to them this season, especialy in Europe.

fmadmin
02-10-2005, 07:32 PM
no really last season was luck they were lucky trust me I think the winners will be Barcelona.i couldn't bring myself to say Chelsea

oranjepalooza
02-10-2005, 10:38 PM
no really last season was luck they were lucky trust me I think the winners will be Barcelona.i couldn't bring myself to say Chelsea

And there is nothing wrong with Luck, you need to be lucky to win trophies, thats the bottom line, there are way too many things that can happen during a season or a tournament and if you have no luck, you will not be standing on any podium recieving medals when all is said and done. I'm not saying Liverpool will win, but Luck is and always will be a factor.......

I too think Barcelona has the team, but they need to play consistent throughout the tourney, they dug themselves in a huge hole against Chelsea last season and couldn't get out. This year could be different..

Gazza-LFC
03-10-2005, 02:23 AM
How on earth can u say liverpool were lucky lol...
That really makes me laugh...
Any team that beats juventus,Chelsea and come back from 3-0 down and beat milan on pens must be a very good team,that is not luck i'm sorry lol
And the game against Olympiakos where we were 1-0 down at half time and needed 3 in the second half again,well that certainly aint luck,that's just team spirit and great skill..

Give Liverpool the credit they deserve

oranjepalooza
03-10-2005, 03:36 AM
I don't know if you are directing your last post at me, but I think you are. If you can stop laughing for a second maybe you will realize I said that every team needs luck along the way to win the EPL, CL or WC.

I in no way ever slighted the mighty Liverpool, and if you feel I did than you are incorrect in doing so.

We have had this discussion before about luck here on this forum. There's an old saying, I'd rather be lucky than good'......I think thats a correct statement....

If you can be unlucky, than you surely can be lucky and I know every football fan in the world has stories about how there team has been unlucky.

Bottom line, Liverpool deserves to be the Champions League reigning champs......

Gazza-LFC
03-10-2005, 04:10 AM
No orange mate it was directed at west ham till i die

Gazza-LFC
03-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Oranje mate i understood what u meant,it wasn't directed at you at all,sorry if you thought it was...

oranjepalooza
03-10-2005, 04:28 AM
No harm done, I wasn't sure...... :wink: