PDA

View Full Version : Man City v Notts County

Hams
26-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Things have slowly got back to normal at Notts County
following all the recent hype in the last couple of years when
Sven Goran Erikson took over and they also signed Sol Campbell!

Paul Ince has taken over as manager now and the Magpies results
have slowly improved however they are still only 4 points above the drop zone in League 1.
They also have a certain Lee Hughes playing upfront who we alll know about.

Man City have done well so far this season under Roberto Mancini but have been
severely lambasted for their boring style of football like in the 0-0 draw against Arsenal at the Emirates.
This competition could be a great chance for the Citizens to win a trophy for the first time in several years.

This FA Cup 4th round tie will be live on ITV1 on Sunday with a 2pm kick off.

Any comments or predictions? - Could Paul Ince's side cause another shock after their 2-1 win at Sunderland?

J-Axe
26-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Will probably watch it if I've nothing better to do.

There have been plenty of goals in some City games recently so hopefully Notts County are up for it, could be an entertaining tie.

Tom_Nufc
30-01-2011, 02:31 PM
1-0 COUNTY!

Neal Bishop with the goal on 59 mins!

Benllech
30-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I am strictly neutral of course being Stoke City supporter but when Neal Bishop scored a cheer went up in our house. Good luck with the replay

Hams
30-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Result

Notts County 1-1 Man City.

I thought County played really well in the first half and deserved to
take the lead but in the 2nd half they started to get tired which allowed City back in the game.
Edin Dzeko scored his first goal for Mancini.
There was a fantastic attendance at Meadow Lane of over 16,000,the biggest crowd there for many years.

It was a most enjoyable FA cup tie and well done to Notts County for earning a replay back at the MiddleEast Lands.

Learning
31-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Lol! So often we expect Man C to win but they just slip up... If this continues, Im sure they will hire someone else to replace Mancini in the summer!

Well done to Paul Ince, always liked him for his time at Liverpool :P

So Sol and Sven was a failure it seems judging by what I read and seeing their current position in the league?

Can Man C afford these tiring games and replays?

Hams
20-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Today is the replay at The Eastlands.

This match is live on ITV1 with a 2pm kick off.

Any comments or predictions?

Even if Mancini rests most of his 1st team players they should still win this one easily.

My prediction - Man City 3-0 Notts County.

fmadmin
20-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Today is the replay at The Eastlands.

This match is live on ITV1 with a 2pm kick off.

Any comments or predictions?

Even if Mancini rests most of his 1st team players they should still win this one easily.

My prediction - Man City 3-0 Notts County.

Analysis
I think Notts County are already well prepared for this when they drew 1-1 with City back at home. If they are wilLing to put in as much effort as Everton and Crawley, they should be able to extend the game to extra time or even penalty shootouts. Notts may highly play negative football to contain Man City today. I feel it will be a tight game even though it is at City of Manchester Stadium.

Prediction
Man City to win by a narrow margin. Man City 2 Notts County 0

Anyone notices that Chelsea and Man City share the similar traits. Both drew 0-0 in their last game. Both also drew 1-1 in the first match of this FA Cup fixture. Both teams allowed oppositions to score first in second half of the first leg and came back to equalise. Guys, maybe you know what I mean here. :wink: :wink:

fmadmin
20-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry mates. I got this all wrong. :D

Hams
20-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Result

Man City 5-0 Notts County

Patrick Viera with 2 goals to help City win the replay!

I don't think County deserved to lose by such a big margin but they tired badly in the last 10 minutes.