PDA

View Full Version : Studs insteads of Blades

Caz
30-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Just seen a rather longish news feature on Sky Sports News, again raising the concerns of the injuries blades cause. Not only the way they rip into the skin but the damage they can cause to ligaments.

Neil Warnock was one of the managers on, he was saying that he is going to ban his players from wearing blades.

Scott Parker was also asked about them and he prefers studs.

Did anyone else see this news feature ?

I can see a lot of clubs banning blades.

Big Jono
30-10-2005, 06:58 AM
I didnt read that one but i did read an interview with Sir Alex, i think it was, recently where he called for them to be banned from the game! It was after one of his players got injured by somoone wearing them.

Ill try to find it.

Edit: Found it!

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has called for football boots with bladed studs to be banned.
Ferguson is convinced the blades are responsible for the broken foot bone which will sideline skipper Roy Keane for two months.

He said: "The shot of the injury shows the shape of a blade stud on Roy's foot. The bladed studs are a danger.

"We have strong views about this, we don't allow our players to wear them as they can cause serious injuries."

jamieg
30-10-2005, 02:29 PM
I agree that blades should be banned as they seem to cause a lot of injuries and dont seem to have enopugh grip onto the pitch. When on rainy days players where blades they fall around a lot more than the players who wear studs.

O Dogg
30-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Nothing wrong with the old fashioned studs. If Blades have been proven as being more dangerous, then they should be banned.

Big Jono
31-10-2005, 03:32 AM
I agree, maybe FIFA needs to step in and work with the boot manufacturers on this issue.

$enior
31-10-2005, 08:46 AM
i agree that they should be banned to many players are wearing blades and they are far far to dangerous

fmadmin
31-10-2005, 08:47 AM
can i ask if anyone knows why they have the blade type boots as well as the stud type boot . Is there a significant difference in each .

Briggsy328
31-10-2005, 03:05 PM
blades slide in and out of the mud where as stoods get stuck into the mufd there for in really muddy conditions blades give u a better chance of moving faster although it also means u got more chance of falling flat on ur ass :lol:

we want the earth
31-10-2005, 03:08 PM
we need to start nailing the studs in back to those good old days :D

Caz
31-10-2005, 03:42 PM
can i ask if anyone knows why they have the blade type boots as well as the stud type boot . Is there a significant difference in each .

Some players still prefer to use studs.

A major problem with the blades is on the knee joint, their is slight movement in the joint when the blade is in the grass. Where as a stud allows no movement in joint.

The General
31-10-2005, 03:54 PM
The old special - Addidas World Cup and Copa Mundial for mouldeds!

Always and forever and i still have a pair of both now!

Moravcik
31-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I prefer blades myself, i have Nike Mercurial Vapor! :D

oranjepalooza
31-10-2005, 05:51 PM
The old special - Addidas World Cup and Copa Mundial for mouldeds!

Always and forever and i still have a pair of both now!

Right after I retired I had a Soccer Store website (SoccerTrader.net) where I was selling boots, uniforms, t-shirts, hats, replica jerseys etc. (that unfortunately I couldn't mantain due to reasons beyond my control), but what I want to say here is that the Adidas World Cups and Copa Mundials were 2 of the best sellers on the market, and they've been around forever. Of course, everyone wanted the latest and greatest that Nike had to offer, but there were more returns on Nikes due to lack of quality than any of the major brands. Here in the states the boots are sold as FG (Firm Ground), SG (Soft Ground) and HG (Hard Ground). A bit outside the lines with the topic, but I thought I'd throw it in....

James667
31-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Well quite recently i bought some new Nike football boots with Blades, I had heard about all the controvercy concerning them, but felt like trying them out. Anyway, when I was playing for my town, in the under 16's, it started to pour down with rain, and I just could not keep gripped to the ground. Maybe this is because the rain was too heavy, but man I couldn't handel them.

My next game, I went back to my Addidas boots....with Studs :lol:

Big Jono
01-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I think blades are a bit of a fad really, as a mass market we are so susceptible to brands like Nike telling us what is the latest and greatest innovation in football boots etc. And people listen and buy the boots they are told to.

WDBCfcStriker
23-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Think of it like this..... People think well all this world class players they never slip when they where blades......the thing is they arnt playing on a sunday league play ground pitch that doesnt get looked after.... Lol could u imagine what david beckhams gonna do if he ever returned to man utd hat he going to where den if fergies banned them