PDA

View Full Version : Man City vs Liverpool - 11th January

Hams
09-01-2012, 03:40 PM
1st leg - Semi final

Man City lost in the FA cup on Sunday 3-2 at home to rivals Man Utd.

Roberto Mancini's side recent beat Liverpool 3-0 in a league game at the Eitihad stadium.

Any comments or predictions? - This match will be live on BBC1 on Wed night with a 7.45pm kick off.

Hams
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Line ups

Manchester City:
Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, de Jong, A Johnson, Milner, Balotelli, Aguero..

subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Onuoha, Hargreaves, Nasri, Dzeko

Liverpool:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Downing, Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Bellamy, Carroll..

subs: Doni, Enrique, Coates, Kuyt, Carragher, Adam, Shelvey.

Hams
11-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Man Ciy 0-1 Liverpool

Steve Gerrard with a penalty on 12 mins!

Hams
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
HT

Man City 0-1 Liverpool.

Balotelli was taken off by Mancini in the 1st half!

chin-up
11-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Just one little spice.
The Liverpool player had dived well & Gerrard scored.

Big Jono
11-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Liverpool now playing a daring 10-0-0 formation.

mrtz
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Liverpool now playing a daring 10-0-0 formation.

I was gonna say a 6-4-0, but that works too.

Hams
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
FT

Man City 0-1 Liverpool
0-1 Gerrard 13 (pen.)

What an awful 1st leg to watch that was.

Glen Johnson didn't even seem no know what position he was meant to be playing!

Lets hope the 2nd leg is a bit more exciting.

Man City were very poor especially in the first half.

Any comments on tonights result?

BMJ
11-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Johnson should of been sent off.

Dzeko's dive at the end there was just... hahaha.... Embarrassing.

Liverpool just need a Rory Delap and they'll be right to go :)

mrtz
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Under the circumstances, I think they had a decent gameplan. They have the lead and the away goal. No use risking it too much and allow City a chance at an equalizer. Now they take it home and City have most to do.

Gazza-LFC
11-01-2012, 09:06 PM
A game of two Liverpool teams,first half we dominated City and took control,obviously City would come at us in the second half so we dropped deeper and City didn't have a clue

Good result :P

Big Jono
11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
We learned in the last week that two footed tackles are a red card offence no matter what so where was Johnsons?

OWEN_ENG
12-01-2012, 11:46 AM
good first half action from us and the second half was just awful...it was all city and they couldn't break down our defense...I'll chalk it up to a bit of bad luck for City and will also give a little credit to our team for defending as intensely as we did...however...

The second half was a snooze fest...we defended and long balled to nobody more often than not...we had virtually no counter attack going and whenever the ball did get to Carroll he headed it forward to nobody....he was lethargic and clearly his head wasn't in the game.

Gerrard played fantastically as usual...a few questionable tackles but overall great performance from him.

I was impressed with Henderson's breakaway on the left in the second half but it sadly amounted to nothing...

In term's of strategy, I was not impressed with us defending the 1-0...City could have easily scored to tie it up and likely have the momentum afterwards to score again and win it...while I am happy with the result, playing to defend a 1-0 lead pretty much for the entire second half is less than entertaining and very risky. We seriously lack that attacking power and I hope we bring in someone who can add to our attack and link up well with Suarez when he returns.

specnur
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
That challenge by Johnson was a dangerous one indeed and in comparison to Kompany's was worst. Just more evidence of how these refs are not robots with a default setting of equality ,they are swayed by numerous outside and off the pitch factors.
They are as susceptible to prejudice and bias and loyalty as any of us ,why people don't accept this i don't know.

Hams
12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Did you know its 16 years now since Liverpool last played a cup final in London.

Gazza-LFC
12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah but add to the fact it was played at the Millenium stadium for a few years where Liverpool played and won often

Big Jono
12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
That challenge by Johnson was a dangerous one indeed and in comparison to Kompany's was worst. Just more evidence of how these refs are not robots with a default setting of equality ,they are swayed by numerous outside and off the pitch factors.
They are as susceptible to prejudice and bias and loyalty as any of us ,why people don't accept this i don't know.

And why people dont accept that they are also just susceptible to human error and the inconsistency born of it is beyond me.

Learning
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Dear oh dear...Man C have gone frm sky high to underground lows in a matter of days :((( And Mancini will pray he wins the title, otherwise, he will be sacked Loool.... they looked so poor in the first half and he got the tactics totally wrong...

Pray that Silva and a right formation is choosen for the next leg...otherwise the pressure will be really on the team...3 cups out...

specnur
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM

And why people dont accept that they are also just susceptible to human error and the inconsistency born of it is beyond me.

It's also beyond me that people can't recognize the difference between human error and a consistent pattern of decision against one team in one game!

Big Jono
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM

It's also beyond me that people can't recognize the difference between human error and a consistent pattern of decision against one team in one game!

:wink:

I feel like we have bonded over the last few weeks specnur, you make this place worth coming to.

Johaldo8
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice to see the Liverpool fans happy again, even though the tie isn't over.

The last time I saw a Scouser get excited over one leg was when Paul McCartney met Heather Mills.

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Johnson's tackle was a scummers tackle that could easily have ended Lescott's season. that a red card wasn't dished out is mystifying and can only be explained by the referee being swayed, as you have suggested.

to then have Gerrard interrupt Mancini duing an interview to pipe up after the game just hammered home even more reason to despise this classless football club.

i hope Man City smash them in the second leg.

Amazing once again how you attack Gerrard but ignore the hypocrisy coming from Mancini

specnur
13-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Johnson's tackle was a scummers tackle that could easily have ended Lescott's season. that a red card wasn't dished out is mystifying and can only be explained by the referee being swayed, as you have suggested.

to then have Gerrard interrupt Mancini duing an interview to pipe up after the game just hammered home even more reason to despise this classless football club.

Amazing once again how you attack Gerrard but ignore the hypocrisy coming from Mancini

I'm not ignoring it ,just wasn't privy to the facts o what happened ,and since when can we rely on what people say happen off camera after the accusations of cesc spitting on someone. I'm not a fan of Mancini by any stretch ,but i need solid evidence not the word of some dj thumping twat with a hero comeplex.

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 01:37 PM
So Mancini can attack Rooney for trying to get Kompany get sent off,then waves an imaginary card to have Skrtel sent off and then questions Johnson why he wasn't sent off.....but Gerrard gets attacked because he plays for Liverpool

This is so not like you,what is wrong?

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 01:41 PM

the issue of his hypocrisy is secondary to me. after seeing one of his players almost bludgeoned he had every right to feel aggrieved. it could be arguable that Kompany's tackle would have got a yellow card from some refs and the encouragement from Rooney and co convinced the ref to dish out the red. it CAN NOT be argued that any sane referee would need encouragement to pull out a red for Johnson's tackle, especially from somebody about 30 odd yards away that he most probably can't even hear over the crows.

When Gerrard was asked if he agreed with Mancini's view on Johnson's challenge on Lescott, Gerrard told BBC Sport: "I don't think so. It was a clear winner of a tackle."

and you feel it is more suitable to talk about the hypocrisy of a manager? something that is common place in football management.

we have the captain of your club defending off the floor two footed lunges into opponents as a 'winner' of a tackle. it is beyond belief. meanwhile, your manager claims not to have seen the incident, another default mode of modern managers. however, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and presume he is telling the truth, unlike in his evidence to the FA.

i have concentrated solely on Gerrard because of his behaviour. firstly in interrupting an interview that he knew was live purely to big himself up and secondly in defending what is surely an indefensible tackle? maybe you'd like to stand shoulder to shoulder on that issue as well? perhaps you thought it was a 'winners tackle'?

classless.

As for the tackle it shows why football is becoming a sport for girls,Kompany's and Johnson's tackles were both clean tackles yet in the modern game they are branded as dangerous...once it's a non contact sport that's when other sports will take over as the number one sport in the world..

specnur
13-01-2012, 03:02 PM
So Mancini can attack Rooney for trying to get Kompany get sent off,then waves an imaginary card to have Skrtel sent off and then questions Johnson why he wasn't sent off.....but Gerrard gets attacked because he plays for Liverpool

I it's true he is an hypocrite without question anyone can see that ,but if he did what Steely said he did which was interrupt Mancini's interview i think that is about as classless as you can get.

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 04:21 PM

Gerrard said what needed to be said in his own interview. to then interrupt Mancini's interview to gob off shows a distinct lack of class. surely you can see that?

by all means speak to Mancini about it, but don't do it when there is a microphone under his nose. he did it purely to act the big man.

totally unnecessary.

I didn't see Gerrard do this so i can't comment on it,if indeed this did happen then i agree with you but you must know yourself when in the heat of the moment people do silly things,Gerrard was obviously wound up....but yeah wrong thing to do

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 04:27 PM
As for the tackle it shows why football is becoming a sport for girls,Kompany's and Johnson's tackles were both clean tackles yet in the modern game they are branded as dangerous...once it's a non contact sport that's when other sports will take over as the number one sport in the world..

are you effing serious?

do you play much football? i guarantee you now that if i flew into you like Johnson did you would be absolutely livid.

if you pulled your head out of Gerrard's arse for just a secnod you will see how reckless and dangerous it was.

i am absolutely staggered that you think this was a fair tackle, truly amazing stuff right there.

I have been playing sunday league football for the last 16 years mate so yeah i play a lot and i see much worse tackles than those nearly every week,yet the players get up and give it back,i myself have been elbowed,2 footed and punched etc but we get on with it and shake hands after...simply because sunday league football is a mans game and the pro game is becoming softer each year.

Go back a few years and Johnson's tackle and especially Kompany's tackle would have been applauded and the game would have continued without a word being mentioned,nowadays though it's all about how to get a player sent off and if they don't get sent off then why weren't they etc......

Aint it funny though how Nani and Lescott never once complained and both got up and continued,it's the pussies on the sideline who moan about it all the time...

It used to be a mans game....not anymore..

Learning
13-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Ok, refs like to send black ppl off.

Learning
13-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I didnt see the interview but one should never interrupt oppositions manager's interviewing im sure of that.... dont know much about Gerrard, but it must be clear many of the English players have big egos...and will say anything for their team at the time for their own best itnerest without fairness....same goes with lots of the managers....

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I never once defended any of our players,Suarez is pathetic and Gerrard does it too..

The game has moved on obviously but it is also getting softer each year as i said,and also like i said how come none of the players on the receiving end complained and both got on with the game,also don't forget one of them was Nani who would normally roll around if you coughed near him but yet he never once complained

Gazza-LFC
13-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Well then we move on :)

Pokers
13-01-2012, 08:16 PM
I wish we had that sort of luck.

Djourou farts towards the direction of Zamora and gets sent off!!

Johaldo8
13-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Johnson's challenge was a disgrace. But he gets away with it because he's English, whilst Kompany gets punished because he's foreign.

Same with Lampard's challenge which was a shocker but he got away with it because he's English. But a few days later, foreigner Milijas gets sent off for winning the ball.

Pokers
14-01-2012, 12:44 AM
SSSSssshhhhh...... a minute.....

I think I can hear Specs coming........

Big Jono
14-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Johnson's challenge was a disgrace. But he gets away with it because he's English, whilst Kompany gets punished because he's foreign.

Same with Lampard's challenge which was a shocker but he got away with it because he's English. But a few days later, foreigner Milijas gets sent off for winning the ball.

And how does Gareth Barrys red card for two of the softest yellow cards ever a wek or so ago fit into your hypothesis?

Or Rooney getting a yellow for clapping the referee (a unrpecedented ruling and one never enforced again) to get a red card?

I think you need to follow specnur and google Confirmation Bias aswell.

Johaldo8
14-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm just playing Devil's Advocate to be honest. Get to hear both sides of the argument.

Big Jono
15-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Cop out. ,;)