PDA

View Full Version : Tottenham v Arsenal - 23rd Sept- 7.45pm

Hams
21-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Any comment or predictions?

Pickleman1967
22-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Hard to say how this game will go, neither teams have been that convincing in the final third, but Arsenal have been creating more chances so I'd say they may be slight favourites. Seems a shame that the game has to be midweek, I'm working so I wont be able to have a few beers and enjoy. It will probably be a boring cagey affair, settled by an odd goal.
I'll go with Tottenham 1 Arsenal 0.

Pickleman1967
23-09-2015, 10:33 AM
In view of the fact that Gabriel’s ban has been rescinded and Costa is likely to get a ban, it's now known that the referee was completely wrong in his assessment.

Now who will compensate for the 3 points we lost and Chelsea won? Not saying we would have won but on paper it’s 3 points lost.

If there can be retrospective ban, there should be retrospective allocation of points. The score prior to the red card incident should be considered the final score. It’s unfair otherwise.

:lol: What does that storm in a tea cup have to do with this fixture? Let it go Pokers, let it go!

specnur
23-09-2015, 02:29 PM
i see us losing this game ,Spurs have all the psychological momentum in their favor due to the added injection of confidence from Son. He will give us problems but it will take more than just him. It will take Eriksen playing at his best and Spurs players putting team before personal glory. If they can do that they will walk this game i reckon. 3-1 Spurs.
Plus , we don;t really need this cup . Defending the FA cup would be incredible 3 times running another feather in the cap of Wenger's record that could remain untouched every again. :wink:

Hams
23-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Teams

Tottenham

Vorm,Rose,Fazio,Trippier,Wimmer,Dier,Chadli,Townse nd,Eriksen,Carroll,Kane

Subs-Alli,Lloris,N'Jie,Winks,Vertonghen,Walker,Heung-Min Son

Arsenal
Ospina,Mertesacker,Debuchy,Gibbs,Chambers,Arteta,F lamini,Ramsey,Oxlade-Chamberlain,Giroud,Campbell

Subs-Macey,Iwobi,Walcott,Sánchez,Özil,Monreal,Bellerín

specnur
23-09-2015, 08:09 PM
tell you what Spurs helped us out by not starting with Son.
Commentators keep going on about tat Kane Volley ,but the save has to be one of the saves of the season by Gibbs .To get his body down into that position after the ball taking a deflection has to be admired.
But our set piece vulnerability continues.
Giroud misses a sitter.

specnur
23-09-2015, 08:17 PM
What a goal by Flamini Set up an interception by man of the match Gibbs! Get in!

specnur
23-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Spurs should have gone for this trophy and started Son and Alli ,they would have had a good chance at winning this one.
Two goals from Flamini ,even when we are playing poor we still beat Spurs ,who were on a high of late. I'm guessing Pogatino wasn't really fussed with this cup to be fair but neither were we by that selection.

Hams
23-09-2015, 08:51 PM
FT

Tottenham 1-2 Arsenal
0-1 Flamini 26'
1-1 Chambers 56' OG
1-2 Flamini 78'

2 unexpected goals from Flamini win the Derby for Arsenal against last seasons finalists.

The Gunners have never won the league cup under Arsene Wenger, Could this be the year they do it?

Pickleman1967
24-09-2015, 09:35 AM
The first half was a bit tepid I thought, but it really picked up into a good cup tie second half. Spurs had Arsenal at their mercy for 20 minutes of the second half, frustrating we couldn’t nick another goal as I think we’d have won if we had. Never happy to lose a NLD of course, but the one positive I took is that I’m convinced Kane will come good again this season. He had a legit goal chalked off, and he was a threat 2nd half.

I was surprised by Poch’s team selection, especially Fazio ffs, but no excuses both teams made a lot of changes. Fine goal by Flamini of all people to win the game, no complaints.

specnur
24-09-2015, 01:25 PM
The first half was a bit tepid I thought, but it really picked up into a good cup tie second half. Spurs had Arsenal at their mercy for 20 minutes of the second half, frustrating we couldn’t nick another goal as I think we’d have won if we had. Never happy to lose a NLD of course, but the one positive I took is that I’m convinced Kane will come good again this season. He had a legit goal chalked off, and he was a threat 2nd half.

I was surprised by Poch’s team selection, especially Fazio ffs, but no excuses both teams made a lot of changes. Fine goal by Flamini of all people to win the game, no complaints.

You still Kane didn't show selfishness in this game Pickle?
Poor lad would be better off with a better manager who can a dives him proper. He shouldn't worry about his place on the team if he's not scoring as he puts in a shift every game and makes himself useful at all times ,but his decision making around the goal area is what could prevent building team chemistry if it continues. The natural flow of the game is often destroyed by Kane's inability to see the open man in abetter position ,due to his insecurities. I think that could have been the difference in this game .A team that is built on the team ethic and one that is half way there. Because Arsenal were far from their best ,but it got us over the line :?

Pickleman1967
24-09-2015, 03:11 PM
You still Kane didn't show selfishness in this game Pickle?
Poor lad would be better off with a better manager who can a dives him proper. He shouldn't worry about his place on the team if he's not scoring as he puts in a shift every game and makes himself useful at all times ,but his decision making around the goal area is what could prevent building team chemistry if it continues. The natural flow of the game is often destroyed by Kane's inability to see the open man in abetter position ,due to his insecurities. I think that could have been the difference in this game .A team that is built on the team ethic and one that is half way there. Because Arsenal were far from their best ,but it got us over the line :?

Nah, I don't see it in those terms Specs, there is a balance to be had for a striker - when to lay off the ball and when to "be selfish". The fact is Spurs were a bit shot shy against Arsenal, too many of our attacking players taking too many touches or trying to pass it into Arsenal's goal, it wasn't working. At times you need a player to be more direct and aggressive, if Kane was knocking them in regularly you'd have nobody complaining about him taking the shot himself rather than looking for the man in the box. There were times during the match when I was shouting "just f*cking shoot" at the TV, too much fannying around rather than being direct every now and then. We improved in the second half, but hey just one of those things - Flamini's winning goal was a cracker, if you are going to lose I'd rather lose to something like that than a defensive blunder or an oggie.
The teams out there yesterday were not full strength, so I'm not going to read too much into the result, an understrength Arsenal beat an understrength Spurs by the odd goal. No crisis.

Pickleman1967
24-09-2015, 03:17 PM
i think you confuse selfishness with lack of awareness.

Kane's limitations are back and his freak season anomaly is behind him.

I've said elsewhere Kane wont get as many this season, 15-20 was my prediction before the season started, which would be a decent return for a PL striker. I don't agree with your "lack of awareness" jibe, that is not a weakness in his game. I look forward to him putting a hat trick past Adrian this season. :wink:

Zinc
25-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Which is more embarrassing:

-to be knocked out at home by a Flamini brace, or
-to have Flamini as your joint top goal scorer after 8 games?

Pokers
26-09-2015, 12:48 PM
:lol: :lol: