PDA

View Full Version : Belgium v Italy-13th June-Kick Off-8pm

Hams
12-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Dark horses Belgium meet the beaten finalists Italy from 4 years ago in Lyon. Can the Red Devils get past the Italians tough defence?

Simply
12-06-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm looking foward to this game.. :)

Hams
13-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Teams

Belgium
Courtois,Vermaelen,Vertonghen,Ciman,Alderweireld,F ellaini,Witsel,Nainggolan,Hazard,De Bruyne ,Lukaku

Italy
Buffon,Barzagli,Bonucci,Chiellini,Darmian,De Rossi,Candreva,Parolo,Pellè,Martins,Giaccherini

Tipster
13-06-2016, 07:10 PM
My tip is Italy to win this match and then win the tournament. See how they go

specnur
13-06-2016, 07:33 PM
fellaini instead of Dembele ! Interesting. :D
This manager has had these players long enough now ,one of the most talented squad of any team in football and he has to get them to the semi's.
He should be sacked for losing against this Italian team alone ,one of the worst i have ever seen for sure.

Hams
13-06-2016, 07:49 PM
HT

Belgium 0-1 Italy

Great first half from Italy and Belgium are lucky not to be 2-0 down

Brilliant pass from Bonucci for Giaccherini goal. why didn't he play like that at Sunderland?!

specnur
13-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Absolute joke of a manager for me that Belgian ,that what you get when you hire someone based on his career as a footballer.
There was no chemistry at all even after as long as these players have been together . You got de Bruyne, Hazard but nothing in the middle creating and taking up space . You got to give Italy credit for their hard work ,but they never got tested by anyone in the middle of the park . No one to take on a defender ,turn a player and start and attack intercept a pass and trigger a counter .
Terrible outing from Belgium .
I will say Fellaini had a pretty decent game ,but the player that i have never been able to understand why he continues to start for this team is Witsel ,he has never shown me a thing any time i have seen him for club or country .

Hams
13-06-2016, 11:40 PM
FT

Belgium 0-2 Italy
0-1 Giaccherini 32'
0-2 Pelle 90'

Excellent display from Italy and deserved win against a poor Belgian side tonight.

Lukaku was awful and the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard plus Fellani were just as bad and that new blond hair style didn't help either!

Simply
13-06-2016, 11:45 PM
I did not expect that :shock:

specnur
14-06-2016, 01:24 PM
cracking performance from Italy, i enjoyed every bit of it. defensively sturdy, tactically superb and attacking at pace and with plenty of intent.

Belgium are, and have been for years, over rated as a football side. a team of individuals with no coherence to them at all. they were undone perfectly by an Italian side bereft of such marquee names but with that unmistakable Italian style and a togetherness that every team would kill for.

only a man of steel could not feel some joy at watching a 53 year old Buffon sprint the length of the field to celebrate Pelle's goal.

they absolutely showed ENgland how seeing out a game is done, and against superior opposition than RUssia, with excellent substitutions and a brilliant display in all areas of the pitch.

De Bruyne was probably the worst player on the pitch.... except for Lukaku. shambles of a performance from them.

I believe Belgium as a squad are about as talented as any team in Europe ,but they are handled by the only manager in football currently who can make Hodgson look like a genius!
he's had that squad of players for long enough to build some chemistry and they have again failed to live up to the ability they have available .Worst manager in international football without question for me .

eaman
14-06-2016, 03:20 PM
The only outfield stars I see on that Belgium team are hazard and de bruyne and both of them didn't have the best of seasons coming into the tournament. The rest are good players. The closest to those two are dembele and carrasco. Not sure why he starts Fellaini over dembele. He made it alot easier for the Italian midfield in doing so. Other than that Italy looked good and have a solid defence and a few top players like buffon the whole backline and de rossi. Could be trouble for any team

specnur
16-06-2016, 06:38 PM
The only outfield stars I see on that Belgium team are hazard and de bruyne and both of them didn't have the best of seasons coming into the tournament. The rest are good players. The closest to those two are dembele and carrasco. Not sure why he starts Fellaini over dembele. He made it alot easier for the Italian midfield in doing so. Other than that Italy looked good and have a solid defence and a few top players like buffon the whole backline and de rossi. Could be trouble for any team

I just wonder why you think Dembele is not on par with those two players after his season with Spurs thus far.
If you watched that team throughout last season if not for him Spurs would be outside elf the top 4 without question ,he is the most important cog in that unit as much as the attention is directed towards the likes of Kane or Alli he is the GLUE of that team yet he is not on par with De Bruyne or Hazard?
When it comes to their ability to perform no matter what level of opponent is in front of them ,they do NOT perform better than Dembele .
I think the comment you have made is exactly why he has only recently gotten respect form the Spurs fans this season and they watch him every single week. But his performance was just as good the season before ,it took them two seasons to recognize this man talent and it's taking you longer. :D

eaman
16-06-2016, 07:00 PM

I just wonder why you think Dembele is not on par with those two players after his season with Spurs thus far.
If you watched that team throughout last season if not for him Spurs would be outside elf the top 4 without question ,he is the most important cog in that unit as much as the attention is directed towards the likes of Kane or Alli he is the GLUE of that team yet he is not on par with De Bruyne or Hazard?
When it comes to their ability to perform no matter what level of opponent is in front of them ,they do NOT perform better than Dembele .
I think the comment you have made is exactly why he has only recently gotten respect form the Spurs fans this season and they watch him every single week. But his performance was just as good the season before ,it took them two seasons to recognize this man talent and it's taking you longer. :D

I definitely think he is as important to Belgium and outperformed both during the season. I think he is a top player. I called the other two stars as they have the ability to really hurt teams with creativity and scoring and their moments of brilliance to unlock defences. Also I think they're players who the top teams would pay big money to get. The Belgium manager is obviously not a massive fan of dembele for some reason

specnur
17-06-2016, 11:46 AM
I definitely think he is as important to Belgium and outperformed both during the season. I think he is a top player. I called the other two stars as they have the ability to really hurt teams with creativity and scoring and their moments of brilliance to unlock defences. Also I think they're players who the top teams would pay big money to get. The Belgium manager is obviously not a massive fan of dembele for some reason

But this is it though you can go through a season say the season before last compile a list of each players bets moments and i guarantee Dembele would be on par with both of them at least in the importance of what they do on the pitch. His position dictates that everything he does is of higher importance than both De Bruyne and Hazard ,because if he messes up the opposition are usually two touches away from a strike on goal.
To see that player win a ball ,turn a payer inside out and create a counter is taken for granted by almost every pundit i have heard commentate a game ,they fail to understand how rare a quality that is in football today ,i don't know another player in the game who has that ability. The manager they have pretty much fits into the same mindset of what was in England up until last season and i would say it's not about liking a player ,it's about recognizing his ability and it's importance. No manager in football likes every player on his team ,but they play them because they fill a role that is necessary ,but this bloke obviously is going against even the opinion of the most slow thinking Spurs fan who couldn't stop singing Demeble's name every time he was on the pitch.

eaman
17-06-2016, 01:21 PM

But this is it though you can go through a season say the season before last compile a list of each players bets moments and i guarantee Dembele would be on par with both of them at least in the importance of what they do on the pitch. His position dictates that everything he does is of higher importance than both De Bruyne and Hazard ,because if he messes up the opposition are usually two touches away from a strike on goal.
To see that player win a ball ,turn a payer inside out and create a counter is taken for granted by almost every pundit i have heard commentate a game ,they fail to understand how rare a quality that is in football today ,i don't know another player in the game who has that ability. The manager they have pretty much fits into the same mindset of what was in England up until last season and i would say it's not about liking a player ,it's about recognizing his ability and it's importance. No manager in football likes every player on his team ,but they play them because they fill a role that is necessary ,but this bloke obviously is going against even the opinion of the most slow thinking Spurs fan who couldn't stop singing Demeble's name every time he was on the pitch.

Ya his position is very important but the guys who create and score the goals are under more pressure to do so every week. Its hardwr to create a goal than to defend. Im not saying he just defends coz I know he creates as well but the attackers are constantly trying to score. Its like at Barcelona where busquets is so important to the team and is world class at qhat he does but the front three are the most important coz they win games.

specnur
17-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Ya his position is very important but the guys who create and score the goals are under more pressure to do so every week. Its hardwr to create a goal than to defend. Im not saying he just defends coz I know he creates as well but the attackers are constantly trying to score. Its like at Barcelona where busquets is so important to the team and is world class at qhat he does but the front three are the most important coz they win games.

Busquets has to be the most overrated player in football over the last 6 years! If you can explain to me what his best attribute is i am willing to listen.
If he's there as a tackler ,then he is not in the same galaxy as Dembele ! If he's a creative source then i'd like to know in what capacity ! Every time i watch a Barca game i look at him to try and figure out why he is so highly touted or at least i did a few year back until i gave up.
Put that player in the Premier league and he would be eaten alive of that i have absolutely no doubt in my mind ,a certain as the sun will rise in the morning.
You are correct , those player are under immense pressure to create ,but as i said ,when it comes to doing their job consistently against any level of opposition neither Hazard or De Bruyne comes close to Dembele ,It's just that simple! It may not be as evident or attention grabbing to the dumbed down viewer we have created since the internet age ,but it's importance is pivotal to the success of any team looking at serious challenge for titles.

eaman
17-06-2016, 03:04 PM

Busquets has to be the most overrated player in football over the last 6 years! If you can explain to me what his best attribute is i am willing to listen.
If he's there as a tackler ,then he is not in the same galaxy as Dembele ! If he's a creative source then i'd like to know in what capacity ! Every time i watch a Barca game i look at him to try and figure out why he is so highly touted or at least i did a few year back until i gave up.
Put that player in the Premier league and he would be eaten alive of that i have absolutely no doubt in my mind ,a certain as the sun will rise in the morning.
You are correct , those player are under immense pressure to create ,but as i said ,when it comes to doing their job consistently against any level of opposition neither Hazard or De Bruyne comes close to Dembele ,It's just that simple! It may not be as evident or attention grabbing to the dumbed down viewer we have created since the internet age ,but it's importance is pivotal to the success of any team looking at serious challenge for titles.

Aren't you supposed to be the man who sees everything on the pitch yet you cant see busquets*importance to Barcelona. He protects a very exposed barca defence week in week out. He starts attacks and is brilliant on the ball and a brilliant passer with either foot. His tactical positioning is brilliant and he takes the ball under extreme pressure. He is also a very good tackler. He is better than any other defensive midfielder under pressure. He would easily handle the premier league with his attributes. If you cant see that its coz you have something against him.