PDA

View Full Version : QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

Hams
28-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Germany had a comfortable 3-0 win against Slovakia in their last 16 tie and are yet to concede a goal in the competition plus
Mario Gomez who is back in the team is starting to score again while Italy had a deserved 2-0 victory against Spain to knock out the holders.
Can the Italians repeat that display against the Germans?

Simply
28-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Italy is the bogey team for Germany.. if any team might be able to beat them, then it is Italy..
I personally hope Germany doesn't shit their pants again and perform up to their abilities this time..

Pickleman1967
29-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Certainly the best game of the QFs, I expect this to be very tight. I'd like to be able to bottle the mentality of the Germans when it comes to tournament football, and let the England players have a swig. The Italians looked very impressive in the game against Spain, highly disciplined and able to break extremely rapidly, however the Germans will be equal to them I fancy. 1-1 draw I suspect, all the way to penalties and who would back against the Germans when it comes to penalties?

Hams
29-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Have just heard on radio that the last time Germany beat Italy in a tournament was way back in 1962!
Italians have 4 wins and 4 draws against them.

I think that with both keepers as in Bufon and Neur being in such fine form plus the defences also that there wont
be many goals in this match and we could even go to extra time and penalties but i still think this will be a quality game and best of the QF's

I predict Germany to win on pens

Hams
02-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Teams

Germany
1 M. Neuer
17 J. Boateng
4 B. Höwedes
5 M. Hummels
3 J. Hector
8 M. Özil
6 S. Khedira
18 T. Kroos
21 J. Kimmich
23 M. Gómez
13 T. Müller

Italy
1 G. Buffon
15 A. Barzagli
19 L. Bonucci
3 G. Chiellini
2 M. De Sciglio
18 M. Parolo
14 S. Sturaro
8 A. Florenzi
9 G. Pellč
17 E. Martins
23 E. Giaccherini

Pickleman1967
02-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Certainly the best game of the QFs, I expect this to be very tight. I'd like to be able to bottle the mentality of the Germans when it comes to tournament football, and let the England players have a swig. The Italians looked very impressive in the game against Spain, highly disciplined and able to break extremely rapidly, however the Germans will be equal to them I fancy. 1-1 draw I suspect, all the way to penalties and who would back against the Germans when it comes to penalties?

Ladies and gentlemen, ey thank you!

Hams
02-07-2016, 11:50 PM
FT

Germany 1-1 Italy
1-0 Ozil 65'
1-1 Bonucci (PG) 76'

Germany win 6-5 on pens after extra time.

What a terrible penalty shoot out,one of the worst i have ever seen.

That spot kick from Zaza was just a joke,he was jumping up and down like a mad man and deserved to miss it

It was another boring game that neither side deserved to win.

Simply
03-07-2016, 12:08 AM
FT

Germany 1-1 Italy
1-0 Ozil 65'
1-1 Bonucci (PG) 76'

Germany win 6-5 on pens after extra time.

What a terrible penalty shoot out,one of the worst i have ever seen.

That spot kick from Zaza was just a joke,he was jumping up and down like a mad man and deserved to miss it

It was another boring game that neither side deserved to win.

totally disagree.. Germany was the better team, because they created some chances after all and did a good job defensively too.. Italy had very few to none! But they defended exceptionally well and made it hard for Germany...
so the only opportunities Italy was hoping for at some point were set-plays .. and of course Boateng gifted them that stupid handball penalty ...

I thought this was an amazing penalty shoot out with multiple twists.. when Schweinsteiger missed his penalty I really thought it was over..
my pulse is still so high lmao

but I can imagine that this game in regular time was a bit boring to watch, because both defenses did so good..

Simply
03-07-2016, 12:48 AM
..4/7 of the missed penalties were shooten by Premier League players :lol:

Hams
03-07-2016, 12:54 AM
I forgot to mention the dread full hand ball by Boateng, maybe he thought he was playing basket ball the way he had both of his arms up in the air like that!
At least he made up for it by scoring in the shoot out.

eaman
03-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Df

specnur
03-07-2016, 01:13 PM

it's not where you ply your trade in this case its what you are made of inside and what we witnessed last night was a bottle job festival pal.
What that Zaza was doing i don't know ,but it looked to me the desperate actions of a player who had not touched the ball up until that spot kick.
That's what happens when you bring a player on with 3 minutes left in the game ,you bring him on earlier and he could have prevented the penalty shoot out all.
I''m going to put this out there right now Conte will be exposed as an average manager once he comes to our league. I don't care what he's done in Seria A or here with a team performing out of this skin for national pride ,the hype will yet again be doused by the career sobering premiership. :D

Simply
03-07-2016, 02:04 PM

it's not where you ply your trade in this case its what you are made of inside and what we witnessed last night was a bottle job festival pal.
What that Zaza was doing i don't know ,but it looked to me the desperate actions of a player who had not touched the ball up until that spot kick.
That's what happens when you bring a player on with 3 minutes left in the game ,you bring him on earlier and he could have prevented the penalty shoot out all.
I''m going to put this out there right now Conte will be exposed as an average manager once he comes to our league. I don't care what he's done in Seria A or here with a team performing out of this skin for national pride ,the hype will yet again be doused by the career sobering premiership. :D

I wasn't serious about this =) ... I agree with Conte by the way... it's not always the trainer that makes the team so good

eaman
03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Df

Seamus
03-07-2016, 10:08 PM

2 by Man United players :roll:

Simply
04-07-2016, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvBKddDBjY
Seems like Schweinsteiger wanted to face the italian fans for the penalties.. :D