PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool - Champions of Europe - Again???

Bigg Dogg
12-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Do you think the merseyside reds can keep their title even though there up against teams like Chelsea and Barca?

O Dogg
12-12-2005, 10:30 AM
No I dont personally - but it would be great if they did - however I may have to ban any gloating Liverpool fans from the site afterwards lol ,;)

Raul
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I think they can. They are playing a nice football and now they're 2nd on the Premier! I think they are better than Chelsea, specially when they face eachother in the Champions League.

howardo
12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Would make me laugh if they won the title by one goal, Peter Crouch's goal. :lol:

The General
12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
The way they play in Europe to be honest they have every chance!

Big Jono
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
THey have a good chance but no more than about 5 other teams.

Gazza-LFC
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
We have a better chance than Man Utd.......sorry had to get that in....
we have a great chance with the form we are in,if we can stop chelsea playing,then we can stop anybody...

Raul
12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, what's Chelsea in Europe?? Nothing. You'll have to beat the best in Europe, like Real Madrid, Milan or Bayern Munich.

The General
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
But as we speak and also the way they are playing - Liverpool are among the best in Europe by performace and title!

Moravcik
12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I dont see why Liverpool cant lift the title again, however there are other teams out there that i could say that same about!

O Dogg
13-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Well, what's Chelsea in Europe?? Nothing. You'll have to beat the best in Europe, like Real Madrid, Milan or Bayern Munich.

lmfao, you are so ignorant. Personally I believe if you put Chelsea up against Real there is only going to be one winner, and that is Chelsea. Chelsea are great at what they do, and only went out of the Champions League last year to the champions. They did however knock out Barca on the way if you remember, and Bayern Munich!

jamieg
13-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Raul just got served!!

Yip i think Chelsea have a greater chance winning it this year!!

Raul
13-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I got served?? by insults?? I also know how to insult, but I'm a bit smarter :P
If Real Madrid plays against Chelsea, be sure that we'll kick your arrogance!

jamieg
13-12-2005, 01:26 PM
lol sorry mate if it looked offensive! I didnt mean to insult you! It was just banter :wink:

Raul
13-12-2005, 01:28 PM
lol sorry mate if it looked offensive! I didnt mean to insult you! It was just banter :wink:

No, I wasn't talking about you, LOL, sorry. I was talking about the one who said "Ignorant" to me.

yeek
18-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Check out the draw guys .... I didn't really fancy Liverpool chances but now ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Big Jono
18-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Benfica will outclass Liverpool.

Afrinux
19-12-2005, 05:01 AM
I think they can. They are playing a nice football and now they're 2nd on the Premier! I think they are better than Chelsea, specially when they face eachother in the Champions League.
Raul, this gotta be the knee-slapper of the week. :lol: :lol:
They dont have a good striker to begin with.
( Thanks, San Paolo that was a nice butt whooping. :P )

Forev
19-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Loserfool will be out of the Champions League by the time the 2nd leg vs Benfica is over.

Raul
19-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Affrinux, Liverpool doesn't have a good striker?? Are you serios?? Come on!! Any team would like to have Morientes and Cisse!! They are much better than Drogba or Gudjohnssen (Have my doubts with Crespo though).

Big Jono
20-12-2005, 12:42 AM
You got it all wrong there Raul, Crespo is the best striker out of those four. And Drogba and Gudjohnson are better than Cisse and Morientes.

Moravcik
20-12-2005, 01:25 AM
You got it all wrong there Raul, Crespo is the best striker out of those four. And Drogba and Gudjohnson are better than Cisse and Morientes.

Crespo is obviously the best striker out of all mentioned, however i would rather have Morientes than Drogba or Gudjohnson.

soccernut
20-12-2005, 07:03 AM
the more raul posts something the more i think he doesnt know much about football....anyways ...i dont think liverpool is going to make this year ...if the do ...all liverpool fan go out and buy lottery tickets .....there is way too much quality out there now .... juve are stronger..chelsea are chelsea....barca have ronaldinho...even lyon is scary ....ias far as madrid and arsenal go...i think that they have too many problems to deal with right now..... think this is a year where a heavy weight is going to come out with it ....liverpool might come edge out benfica ...but their luck will run out...these are my personal favorites to win it this year

1.winner of Chelsea Parca
2.juve
3.lyon
4.milan
5.inter

Big Jono
20-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Thats a good point mate, that the winner of Chelsea vs Barca will be a overwhelming favourite to win the whole thing, in my view anyway.

Raul
20-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Who are you to judge if I know about football or not?? Didn't your parents teach you manners?? I bet they didn't :?
And I think Morientes is better than Drogba and Gudjohnssen, although I agree Crespo is better. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Big Jono
20-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I agree with you Raul :-)

soccernut
21-12-2005, 02:14 AM
what does anything i said have to do with manners ....the fact that you had considered morientes and cisse better than drogba makes me wonder how much you know about football...drogba has scored 7 and cisse and morientes have 3 each...drogba has to fight crespo for a spot on the team and gets in all the time...they have to fight crouch...and still couldnt get on...no doubt crespo is quality but drogba has to be doing something right to be first choice...for that i dont know why you think that morientes and cisse are better...which makes me wonder how much you know....and manners have nothing to do with that (at least not in canada)....i dont know about spain ...sorry if thats an insult to you ...

disillusionist
21-12-2005, 08:14 AM
It's all just opinions guys, and we're all entitled to ours - that it's not cut and dried is what makes it interesting. Don't lose sight of that while crossing swords.

To throw my two cents in, Juve along with the winner of Chelsea v Barca would have to rank as favourites. Liverpool are contenders this year, unlike last year where their run came from nowhere, that in itself is satisfying enough for me. Last season was fairytale-stuff and was a wonderful occasion for Reds fans as a result. With the club's continuing improvement we'd have to be taken more seriously this season I would have thought - still unlikely, but not a complete shock.

Raul
21-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes, in Spain saying "You have no idea about football" is a bit unrespectful thing, specially when you don't know the person you're talking to.
And let me say that Drogba needs to play very much and very good to reach Morientes, who have been injured for a while this season. Anyway, it's not fair that you compare them just this year, since Morientes has a brilliant career as he has proved in the last ten years, winning 4 champions leagues, being the top scorer in Europe, one of the most top scorers with the national team, etc.
Drogba is a good scorer (and that is what counts after all) but honestly, he is not as skillfull as Morientes, Crespo or Cisse because most of his goals are based on strenght, nothing more.

The General
21-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes - agreed all about opinions - Drogba played fantastic at Marseille - he demolished Newcastle in the UEFA Cup semi a few years back - i was in Marseille and they had the largest ever flag of his head i have ever seen!

He does work hard but i do find it impossible to compare him to the likes of Morientes as he has been at the top level in Europe for a Decade!

Drogba is ok but just ok!

Morientes has had injuries and is proven to be world class!

Gazza-LFC
21-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Check out the draw guys .... I didn't really fancy Liverpool chances but now ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

You should always fancy Liverpool's chances :D

soccernut
21-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes, in Spain saying "You have no idea about football" is a bit unrespectful thing, specially when you don't know the person you're talking to.

i apologize again raul if my comment were offensive to you

Raul
21-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks, no problem mate :)

yeek
23-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Maybe its the way Liverpool players play that cause the strikers to be depleted of goals. I heard that in the La Liga, misfiring strikers were a problem even at Benitez's Valencia. But still, they won the La Liga twice.

We have to bear in mind that i doesn't matter who scores. As long as the team wins. And liverpool have proven that they are capable of winning in the champions league. They have't lost since the qualifiers.

Raul
23-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Yes, I remember when Benitez was in Valencia. The only one who scored more than 15 goals in his 3 seasons was Mista. Anyway, Valencia had a great team, when Caņizares was still a good keeper, and Albelda and Baraja were the strongest in the midfield. They got Aimar, Vicnte and Mista and they were amazing. Nowadays, coach Quique Flores is trying to made a very similar team in Valencia. At least Vicente, Aimar and Mista and young yet.

yeek
23-12-2005, 01:36 PM
see what i mean. last season, garcia, gerrard and baros were joint top scorers. the number of goals morientes scores is not an accurate representation of his true ability though it is his main job. drogba and morientes are both good strikers. they would fit in either team. I think Benitez is just trying to bring his ideas from Valencia and as a result, the Liverpool strikers like the Valencia strikers, are not scoring freely. But they still win games. Thats what is most important.

Nicki
30-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I 100% agree with what Yeekiat has just said,as long as we are winning,that is the most important thing

O Dogg
30-12-2005, 02:19 PM
The more I see Liverpool, the more I like what is happening at Anfield. It is obvious that as a Man U fan, I dislike Liverpool as our bitter rivals, however as a football fan, I think it is fantastic for England and the Premiership that Liverpool are being ranked up there again with the big boys of Europe. Benitez is a great coach, and I think he is working wonders at Liverpool. He has changed so much there, and improved so many things.

I think we should maybe learn a lesson from last season, and not underestimate any teams that are still in the competition. The truth is, any one of those teams left in have a chance of picking up the trophy. If I was to chose one, I think it would be Barcelona - however it is not often that the favourites win the Champions League anymore. If I had to chose anyone else, I would be firmly behind Liverpool. I would love to see them go on and lift it again just to prove that last year was no fluke. I have been against Liverpool in many topics, most memorable is the BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD topic, however I like to give credit where it is due - and like to try and judge things as a neutral and not let my love for United influence my posts for other teams.

Gazza-LFC
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
:D Excellent post that O Dogg,good to see some good honesty from a rival fan :)

yeek
01-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Yes. Thats true. The past 2 seasons have proven that you should never underestimate any teams. In fact, the truth be told, all of the teams in the Champions league are winners in their own right and all of the teams deserve to be respected. Thats why the whole competition is called the Champions League - and not some losers league.

It doesnt matter how good the teams are on paper. Chelsea or Barca may be the favourites but if they switch off for maybe 5-10 minutes over two legs, they can be made to pay the price. In the words of the "Special One", "the line between success and failure is very small". This is whats so exciting about the Champions League. Those who deserve to win are those who are able to fully cocentrate for 180 minutes over two legs all the way till the final. Its not the team which looks better on paper that wins. Its the team that does the job in 180 minutes that wins.

Gazza-LFC
04-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Perfectly said Yeekiat

Forev
10-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Liverpool have the potential to do it with a bit of luck, but I can't see it happening again if they come up against a top team. You can only sit back and defend for soo long and if they don't start to see that they will finally be breached and it will be too late.

schratchy
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
i hope .... i hope ...... a final: Liverpool - Fc Barcelona ......