PDA

View Full Version : Real sign Cicinho

O Dogg
24-12-2005, 08:35 PM
[list]http://soccer-europe.com/Graphics/Caps/June2005/Confed_Cup_29June_Cicinho.jpg[/list:u]

Real Madrid land Manchester United target

Real Madrid have signed Brazilian defender Cicinho from club world champions Sao Paulo. The 25 year old Brazilian has signed a five year deal with Madrid.

Cicinho has been linked with Manchester United in recent weeks, but chose Spanish Giants Real instead. He will be eligible to play for Madrid after the Spanish league's winter break.

Is Cicinho the right player for Madrid though? I would describe him as being like a right footed Roberto Carlos, who's strongest asset is his pace down the wing.

What do you Madrid fans think of this signing?

Conaldinho
24-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I dont think united needed him, we have neville on the right and hes still got about 5 years left.
He should be a decent buy for Madrid but not great, from what ive seen he isnt a world class defender and likes to get forward a lot so he wont sort their defensive problems out anyway

oranjepalooza
24-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, Cafu says he'll be the next great right Brazilian back, most likely to take his spot, even he already hasn't...Very good pace, attacks up the side, and can get back and play defense....this should be a good signing.....

soccernut
24-12-2005, 09:34 PM
definitly an improvement on what they have now

yeek
25-12-2005, 07:25 AM
He's vicious on crossess. So somebody tell me whats Beckham gonna do since someone else is gonna do his job. Whatever the case, Perez is again missing the point. Somebody needs to stamp the words "WE NEED A BLOODY HOLDING MIDFIELDER" at his office door or something.

And while we're at it, why replace Salgado? You know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Big Jono
25-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Him and Ashley Cole will be great fullbacks for Madrid for years to come.

Raul
25-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Nice sign in my opinion. He won't replace Salgado this year, but it's good to have a sustitution since Salgado is 29 years-old. And I don't know why you are critizing Florentino this time, honestly. He's not a glamurous player. It seems that if He doesn't sign Makelele you're not happy :? (This is only directed to yeekiat, I don't wanna re-open the debate)

yeek
25-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not saying that Real should resign Makelele. But we all know that Real's problems lie in central midifeld. But who has Perez gone after for the past few seasons? Owen, Cicinho, ok maybe Pablo Garcia and Gravesen but they don't seem up to it. Why sign a right-back when a proper thing to do is to concentrate your funds on signing someone you actually need?

I'm sorry if this sounded offensive. I think Cicinho is a great player but he is not someone whom I think can turn Real's season around.

soccernut
25-12-2005, 08:40 PM
And while we're at it, why replace Salgado? You know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

have you seen his performance against barca...he was terrible ...ronaldinho imbarassed him twice and went down the field and scored ...in my mind the only player that cant be replaced on that team is casillas and that is IT

Raul
25-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Salgado had a bad day, he came from an injury and we all know Ronaldinho is the best. I think there's no one better than Salgado in his position, or maybe a couple of players, no more.
I wouldn't replace Raul either, Real is accusing his injury, specially in the dresing room. Raul is like the soul of the team.

oranjepalooza
25-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, again I think Cicinho is a good buy, still need a couple more though. And I think Balboa deserves another run out on the pitch, he did well against Santander.

Just a couple of other thoughts on previous mentioned comments: As far as Ronaldinho making Salgado look bad, when Ronaldinho is on his game (and he was most assuredly on it against Real), he will make 95% of the players around look foolish, that's why he's got all the hardware for his individual play recently.

Secondly, Cicinho will not 'turn Real's season around' as was said also above. I don't think anyone expects that to happen, even Florentino Perez. But it is a step in the right direction, and no doubt there is work to be done still, but at least a big named player in the twilight of his career that plays a position not needed to be filled by Real wasn't purchased.....I, as I have said many times before, feel Florentino Perez is Real's biggest problem is......

Afrinux
26-12-2005, 01:59 AM
I think, Cicinho is a good buy.
Put Ronaldo, Beckham on the bench. Time for Raul and Robinho to prove that they are the best.

Forev
26-12-2005, 05:41 PM
He's vicious on crossess. So somebody tell me whats Beckham gonna do since someone else is gonna do his job.
Beckham is a midfielder and Cicinho is a wing back.... :roll: And I doubt that he is better at crossing than David Beckham and even if he was he wouldn't be replacing Beckham because they don't fill the same position. And is it not better if you have more players in your team that can cross a ball well?

I wanted this player at United but he wouldn't shift Gary Neville who still had about 3 years left. He is a good wing back who can bomb on and get a cross in, he and Ashley Cole are very similiar but use opposite sides. All in all a good signing for Madrid but yet another Brazilian! This may drive a further wedge into the rivalry in the dressing room.