PDA

View Full Version : What Coaching Badges for What Standard of Football

rik1276
15-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok, I have just applied to join the course for the FA Level 1 Coaching Cert. Obviously from there I want to go as far as I can.

The main thing I am looking to find out is what level of coaching is required for different level of football. For example with the UEFA Pro Licence the sky is the limit apparently, But Im looking what where having the following are likely to open doors to getting jobs (or volentary work etc).

FA Level 1 (Club)
FA Level 2
UEFA B
UEFA A

Hope it does not sound too much of a silly question. Thanks in advance.

Caz
15-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Level 1 is for up to 18 year olds

Level 2 is for any team

UEFA B is the first professional badge

rik1276
15-01-2006, 11:30 PM
thanks caz.

more accurately i was meaning what quals would you suit what kind of football level

ie from kids teams/sunday league teams/conf nth & south and below/confrence/working with league 2&1 clubs to championship and then if u are a god real madrid.

not saying you would get a job with real madrid with a uefa a/pro licence (obviously to get in the prem youd need a proven track record of success with other clubs over many years). but on the football ladder what do each cert give you credibility to be accepted for a post for. Paid or vol.

I do understand that experience in jobs also counts a lot towards what jobs you can eventually get, but as you progress on to getting from one level to another im curious to find out what each one allows you to coach.........ie if i were to apply for a job with the mentioned.

rik1276
18-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok, so far I have sussed out that a Level 1 is good enough for me to coach a kids football team playing in a League. Just the next three to work out what level it is expected you must have to coach in other leagues.

sbarrett
18-01-2006, 06:29 PM
hi, I'm a new member. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how i go about getting a badge which would enable me to teach a kids team in sunday league?

Thanks in advance

rik1276
19-01-2006, 02:45 PM
from what i have read and requirements from local kids sunday league teams a level 1 is good enough for the league standards and most clubs.

bensworld
15-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Level 1– very young ‘kids’, Sunday league adults. Level 1 focuses on organised fun

Level 2 – age 8+ any ability level. Focuses more on coaching technique, also an introduction into coaching phases of play

Level 3 – 16+ you could be coaching a high age group in an academy or maybe a coach of a non-league side nearer the bottom end of the scale

Level 4 – you are highly likely to be a pro coach now. With a high rep you could be at a prem club (highly unlikely). You could become an academy director/manager or a manger of a low non-league side

Pro-licence – should only be taken if you’re going to be a manager at a very high level

flfooty
17-02-2006, 10:28 AM
na thats a load of rubbish

im a full time coach for reading fc

i started off obviously with my level 1

but with that i was doing part time work with reading fc, coaching in after school clubs at schools, half term/summer soccer schools with reading fc.

once you get your level 2 your qualified to do the next step up, development centers/younger academy.

but obviously only if the club think your upto standard to do that sort of work..

level 3 will get you upto the higher academy levels with more involvment in them

we at reading usually call the levels 1 - 5 as uafa is kinda old school now

levels 4 you would be looking at getting into coaching u18/reserve team standards..

and only at level 4 or 5 will they look at putting you into 1st team coaching with a club be it conference or prem

my advice3 would be the same as how i started.

get your level 1, contact your local pro club and ask if they are looking for any casual coaches.

most clubs are always looking for casual coaches so you should be able to get some work quite easy.

Regards

Caz
18-02-2006, 09:17 AM
flfooty, thank you for all the information.

That has been extremly helpful.

rik1276
19-02-2006, 01:08 PM
excellent advice, thanks flfooty.

flfooty
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
no prob :) just glad i could help

danny-bhoy-1991
27-11-2007, 07:55 AM
hi folks im new on this site. im oly 16 but am a real football fan and would really like to sit my first coaching badge soon.could anyone help me by telling how i could organise this.btw i stay in Edinburgh.

yeek
27-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't know if anyone here could still help you. This post was three years ago. :? Most of them are not around anymore. But you can try asking around.

Do introduce yourself in the Newcomer's section, hope you can join us in other football discussions. :D

Buckard
27-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey Danny, you should get in touch with your local F.A and they'll be able to give you all the available courses that are in your local area. You could also try looking at the FAs website for more infomation.

danny-bhoy-1991
27-11-2007, 03:12 PM
cheers lads :)

jersey fc
11-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Has anyone taken the uefa b badge? i start it next week and wondered if anyone had any feedback on there experience of doing it?