PDA

View Full Version : Southend Up or Down

Grezd23
18-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Theve been doing well this season do you think they will go to thecoca cola championship.

hoopy
18-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Nope, I think they will really drop off the pace in the near future.

Biffo11
06-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, it's early Feb now and Southend are still 'top of the league', but admittedly teams below have a couple of games in hand. Still, if you got the points, others have to catch up..

Southend supporter (yes, there are some around!!)

hoopy
14-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I wish Southend all the best for the rest of the season I know what its like following a team who is always put down and under estimated.

Why not introduce yourself in the newcomers section so everyone can welcome you.

cristiano
22-02-2006, 11:34 AM
nah they will last the rest of the season no doubt with freddy eastwood ther and the experience of shawn goater they will be in the top six come the end of the season

ultimatesmurf
23-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Agreed Christiano. Saw them last weekend against Chesterfield and not even commenting on the Ref Soutend looked a really good team and Freddy Eastwood was clearly a cut above. He's definately one of those players that can play in a league or 2 above.

Definately going up.

Biffo11
24-02-2006, 12:29 AM
What a magnificent comeback on Saturday. Leading 2 nil, letting it slip to 2 - 3, and then Freddy getting his hat-trick for Southend to win 4 -3, to stay top of the League. Could not ask for more!!!

ultimatesmurf
24-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah it was a really exciting match. It always is when i go to Chesterfield though. I remember the best one was a couple of seasons back GTFC played there i was in the away end and a few friends were in the home end final score was 4:4 and Chesterfield were given 2 penalties which clearly weren't. Amazing game.

Anyway back onto topic. Southend aren't just coasting it they're showing real fighting to get back into a game. Good luck to them

Biffo11
04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Winning 3-0 at Colchester is a great result for us.

I am beginning to believe that we'll win promotion, and maybe even take the title.

There, I've said it (so that's put the kibosh on it then) :lol:

geo whiting
26-03-2006, 05:40 PM
southend will go up but not as champions like yeo last year .lol. :D

Cider_Army_11
02-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Ye u shud stik out u wer fantastic at ashton gate playin us dis season (bristol city) freddy eastwood will b hard 2 hang on 2, i comin 2 wotch us give u a pastin on the last game of the season though. LOL

*No text talk please, cheers*

Badboy Dolman Stand
Pill pILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West Country LA LA LA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toka
10-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Certainly looks like they are on their way up...

Biffo11
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
WE ARE UP & WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!! WoooooHooooo!!!! :lol:

Wait a minute though! This means we'll be playing Sunderland, Leeds, etc. next term...

Oh no.... :cry:

steve020
07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
i think they will do ok in the champioship with Freddy Eastwood they have someone that can score goals and have abit of experiance in certain area's that is always handy for a team coming up.I dont see any reason why they cant do well in the championship.just look at Preston when they went up we got in the playoff's in our first season

hoopy
07-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Nope, I think they will really drop off the pace in the near future.
IDIOT..Who would have thought that!? It was obvious they were going to last the pace...GOD.