PDA

View Full Version : Arca relishing Prem chance

The General
03-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Sunderland midfielder Julio Arca is relishing the chance to show the Barclays Premiership what he can do.

The Argentinian has played a leading role in this season's triumphant Coca-Cola Championship campaign, and now he is eagerly anticipating a reunion with English football's big boys.

He said: "Every player wants to test themselves against the best and we are no different here. I know what it is like and it excites me.

"The manager has talked about the players, but he deserves the most credit. The job he has done at Sunderland is unbelievable."

Arca and his team-mates will celebrate their success on Sunday when they bring down the curtain on a hugely successful campaign with the visit of Stoke to the Stadium of Light having already secured promotion and the title.

The game is sold-out and there is certain to be a party atmosphere as the red and while faithful turn out in force to fill the 48,000-seater stadium and pay their own tribute to McCarthy and his players.

"We will have a big party on Sunday," Arca said. "It is a sell-out and it is one for the fans to really enjoy.

"We want to win the game, but it is not so important now.

"It is a game everyone can enjoy and it will be great to see that trophy at the Stadium of Light."

Arca's goal at West Ham last Friday night set his side on the road to a fightback which resulted in a decisive 2-1 victory and was his ninth of the term, his best return yet.

However, he is desperate to make double figures and ensure he remembers the 2004-05 season for even more reasons.

"I would love to get 10," he told the club's official website. "This has been my best season as far as goals are concerned. It is great to help out the team by scoring goals."