PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal an english team?

kiranp
03-05-2005, 05:31 PM
now u might get mad, but cmon is arsenal actually an english team anymore???

Mars_
03-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Well considering they the first full non-english squad this season it's questionable?

fmadmin
04-05-2005, 09:26 AM
well , i think firstly Arsenal are playing in the english premier league. This does not mean they have
to have an all english team . It would be nice to have more english players in the side but as Arsene
Wenger mentioned when attacked for having an all foreign side earlier this season , he said if there
were quality players available and who were not overpriced then he would be happy to buy them.
The players like david beckham , steven gerrard , michael owen , frank lampard , wayne rooney are
all great players but but either not available or just too expensive to buy . If you would ask any fan
though that you could promise them the premier league title i dont think they would care if you had
11 aussies in the side , winning is the main thing and Arsenal have certainly done that .

The General
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
If we cannot create the quality you have to shop abroad!

Foreign managers will always purchase what the require English or not!

I would like to see more but not just for Arsenal....Its a grass roots problem!

Holte Ender
04-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I cannot see a problem with it myself!!

Thats the beautiful thing about football! You have to aquire the best talent!

jamesp_1927
04-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I dont think its a problem. I f you had the choice to buy the best players you would, whether French, Afgani or English ! Its a part of football