PDA

View Full Version : Will Rangers make it?

Andyeagle
13-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I dont think they will

hoopy
16-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Make what, I take it you are refering to winning the competition and if you are this thread is pointless because they will never win it but I can see them sneaking through the next round.

Andy, maybe you should be a little more specific when posting so we all know what's going on ,;)

dec the staggie
20-02-2006, 04:51 PM
but I can see them sneaking through the next round.

Can you? I don't think Rangers have as strong a team as Villareal. But as I say, It is how the team plays on the day that matters.

Conaldinho
20-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Villarreal are not playing well lately but they are easily better than Rangers. They have world class players like Riquelme, Forlan, Sorin, Figueroa who are better than anyone rangers have but like dec said, its how they play on the day that matters.

Big Jono
21-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I voted no, I think they will try their route one football but will get outclassed in the end.

Afrinux
21-02-2006, 12:31 AM
against Villareal!? Sorry, but no.

$enior
21-02-2006, 08:27 AM
They shouldnt have a chance in hell

But im tipping it to be the shock of the round

fmadmin
21-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Villareal vs Rangers?Villareal will destroy them with the likes of Riquelme,Forlan and Sorin playing,and sorry to Rangers,but i was shocked they got past the group stages.Also i reckon Villareal will pull off a shock and get to the semis like PSV last year

fmadmin
21-02-2006, 12:52 PM
not really , they usually fail at this stage

Gazza-LFC
22-02-2006, 02:17 AM
i can see Villarreal winning but not as easy as people might think,Alex Mcleish is leaving at the end of the season so he will demand a good performance and Rangers can do it.....football is a funny game

fmadmin
22-02-2006, 08:11 AM
yeah , Liverpool can agree with that . :o

Hobbes
22-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm just back from the game, and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with Villareal. They aren't that good a team. The only issue there however is that they are still a better team than Rangers.

There's a serious spark missing from Rangers. There just doesn't seem to be anything there. The only real attacking force Rangers had/have is the young winger Chris Burke. He can't take on the entire opposition all by himself though!!! There is also Thomas Buffel, who on occasion can make the difference. However, when the manager leaves him on the bench in favour of Namochi, a player who struggles to pass the ball to feet, and whos second touch is normally a tackle, then questions have to be asked.....

Rangers defence is also shocking, with the goals that were lost tonight completely dusgusting. Rangers seem to have a habbit of making things difficult, if not impossible for themselves. Tonight was just another example.

jamieg
22-02-2006, 10:32 PM
But Lovenkrands goal... what a screamer!!

Hahaha and he is the best foreigner ive seen at speaking Scottish like!!

Gazza-LFC
23-02-2006, 12:50 AM
yeah , Liverpool can agree with that . :o

Cheap shot Conner :D

$enior
23-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Stunning strike from Lovenkrands well played Rangers all they could hope for really

Gazza-LFC
23-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Still not over though this tie,if i remember Villarreal really struggled in front of their home fans against Everton and but for a dodgy refereeing decision would have lost and gone out

the one thing that annoys me and surely annoys Alex Mcleish too is how come he is out of a job at the end of the season when his team can put on a fighting and spirited display like that.....if they had played like that in the SPL then he would still be manager at the end of the season.....the players need to take a long hard look at themselves

Hobbes
23-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Indeed they do, but then Mcliesh doesn't do himself any favours when he continues to sign, pick, and play complete diddies like Kyriakos and Namouchi.....! Especially when they are played ahead of fans favourites like Buffell.

Tomp
24-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Rangers have to score 2 goals to go through

Hobbes
24-02-2006, 11:53 AM
No, Rangers have to score 1. That's provided they don't conceed. Not something they have been too hot at recently.

Gazza-LFC
24-02-2006, 01:54 PM
It's not over yet at all,Villarreal look very dodgy in defence and Rangers have nothing at all to lose

Conaldinho
24-02-2006, 03:40 PM
But like I said earlier Villerreal have Riquelme, Forlan, Sorin, Figueroa etc and at home they will be a different team

Gazza-LFC
26-02-2006, 12:26 AM
It doesn't matter what players they have when the fans start to get on their back and get restless then Rangers could take advantage

J-Axe
26-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Names mean nothing. Look at the big name players who were lined up against Liverpool in the CL last year. Player to player, almost every opposing player would be chosen as the better. Liverpool beat them all.

Hobbes
07-03-2006, 09:03 PM
ANOTHER glorious failure in European terms by Rangers. This was a game they did not deserve to lose. They completely bossed the first half, and it was only the introduction of that big lump up front by Villareal that put the Rangers defence off their game. Not too hard to do of late admittedly, but still....

This was the best Rangers performance I have seen this season. They played with pace and passion, and were always there harrassing the opposition whenever they didn't have possesion. As much as I am proud of this performance, I'm also deeply annoyed about it. WHY could they have not played like this any other time this season??? Their performances throughout have been woeful, the tactics shoddy, and the passion missing completely. A one off game and everything is forgiven? I think not.

The season could have been so so different.

As as for namouchi playing again, he offered nothing. He was, as always, a passanger. And then there was Mcleish removing Buffel of all people to put on Boyd. Why not put Lovenkrands left and swap Namouchi with Boyd????

Ah well, like I said, another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Even though I'm used to it being Scottish and all, it still hurts.

Raul
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Honestly, the final result could have been 5-5. Both teams have terrible defences!! (and terrible strikers because they didn't know how to score)

JarlThorfinn
08-03-2006, 03:49 AM
We Dominated 3/4 of that game, the first half they were there for the taking, yet we couldn't finish them off. Great equaliser, and even though I am a Rangers fam, call it biast or not, we did not deserve to go out like that. Was a Good run while it lasted, now we have to watch the woes of the SPL struggle. Burkey again outstanding, a real gem.

Gazza-LFC
08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Very unlucky Rangers it's a cruel way to go out,but they didn't disgrace themselves like a lot of people thought......they should feel proud