PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola League one playoffs

The General
10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday!

Boss Martin Allen says Brentford will go into their play-off tie with Sheffield Wednesday as the underdogs.
The Bees moved above Wednesday on the final day of the season, earning home advantage in the second leg.

But Allen said: "They are overwhelming favourites. We are in it, delighted to be in it, and are going to make the very most of the two games that we can.

"They are a far bigger club than this one - but that has not stopped us before and it won't stop us again."

Allen added: "We have self-belief. We have incredible ingredients, which are unity, self-belief and respect and, amongst them, an incredible desire to be successful.

"All those things are worth more than individual talent."

Brentford secured their play-off place in their penultimate game of the season at Wrexham, meaning Allen was able to rest some of his key players at the weekend.

A youthful side still ran out winners against promoted Hull to leap above Wednesday, who lost 3-2 at home to Bristol City.

Hartlepool v Tranmere Rovers

In the other League One tie, Tranmere will face Hartlepool, who clinched a play-off berth on the last day of the season.

Pools drew 2-2 at Bournemouth on Saturday to pip the Cherries to the final play-off berth.

Tranmere boss Brian Little is hoping his side, who finished third in the table, can continue their good form against the north-east side.

"We'll focus very much on trying to win two games against them," he said.

"In two games against them we have beaten them this season, but that doesn't always say that would be the outcome in the play-offs. But we know we have a chance."

jamesp_1927
10-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Hartlepool for me, after failing alst year there the team for me .

cristiano
11-05-2005, 09:47 AM
hartlepool wont because they changed manager and martin scott aint experienced at lt

The General
11-05-2005, 09:54 AM
I do feel that the play offs become like cup fianls more and more and every one has a chance!

But i agree it will be hard for Hartlepool but maybe the new manager is the perfect tonic!

JoKeR100
11-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Obviously as a Brentford supporter im gonna say we will do it, but we do have a good record against all 3 other teams in the playoffs.
We've only lost to Tranmere away and Hartlepool away out of the 7 games we've played against all 3.

Frankly i dont think anyone would be suprised if any of the 4 won it.

The General
11-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I really hope for Martin Allen they do it!

His honesty and dryness in interviews is different class!

Come on Brentford!

Conaldinho
11-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Brentford for me. They have done well against big teams recently, FA Cup for example, beating Hull.
I think they have a great chance.

jamesp_1927
11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok, I have now changed my mind. I now beleive Tranmere. After a great year they deserve it and I just beleive they will be the ones.

The General
11-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Can the Geoff Stelling of Sky sports Saturday touch sin it for Hartlepool!?

Like to hear the crowd singing

Stelling Stelling whats the score ringing round the millenium Stadium sung by the Brentford fans!

Owlsfan1
16-05-2005, 11:00 AM
As i am a huge sheffield wednesday fan I will predict that it will be Sheff Wed v Tranmere Rovers in the Final, but i don't to jinx's myself! :lol:

Come On U Owls

cristiano
16-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Hartlepool and Sheff Wed in the final, but i think that Bristol city should be in there instead of Sheff wed we beat them on the last day of the season 3-2 but you know it was lack of experience

Conaldinho
16-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, Sheff Wednesday won...
2-1 on the night, 3-1 on agg.
I really expected Brentford to do it but sadly it wasnt to be. Mabye next year

jamesp_1927
16-05-2005, 09:50 PM
yeh, my prediction was Sheffield Wednesday, I really couldtn see Brentfords "ambition" to beat Sheffield's they are really ready for this battle !