PDA

View Full Version : Grimsby Town 2 Bury 1

ultimatesmurf
20-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Hurrah, we hit a rough patch but managed to win, although as the old saying goes it really did look as though only one team had come out of the dressing room after half time.

Gary Jones scored 2 the first of which was a screamer and i've watched it a couple of times to try and work out the angles and the more i see it the more impressed i am.

Gary Cohen was brilliant and definately deserved man of the match, he was the first to go in for tackles and even though the ref insisted on stopping the game every 2 seconds we can't have any real complaints.

I don't know who scored burys goal but it too was an amazing piece of football lobbed the keeper, very good.

I'm beginning to allow myself to thing of promotion as a real option as before now i've always been too scared to think about it in case we go on a massive cobble.

fmadmin
20-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Well done it was a great result , i think we will both be watching first division football next season.Another great result for carlisle 5-0 away at darlington and another superb goal by bridges.

hoopy
20-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice to see Grimsby winning a game, hope they can get a little run going.

ultimatesmurf
21-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Yeah Carlisle got a good result but i'm so glad Wycombe lost it would be nice for us to have a bit of breathing space as it was getting quite claustrophobic at the top there.

hoopy
21-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I feel sorry for Wycombe, but it shows that you need to do all you can to keep hold of your star players.