PDA

View Full Version : How LFC Helped Barca Beat Arsenal

Gazza-LFC
18-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Samuel Eto today singled out Liverpool Football Club as the inspiration behind Barcelona's fantastic Champions League final comeback in Paris on Wednesday night.
The Cameroon international scored a late goal to level the game before Barcelona grabbed a winner with just minutes remaining. The comeback was nothing like as dramatic as what happened in Istanbul a year earlier but Eto believes the Barca players all had the Reds on their minds as they refused to admit defeat.

"Whatever we did in the first half didn't work, but we fought, dominated the second half and never gave up," revealed Eto. "Having seen what Liverpool did last year when they were 3-0 down and apparently well beaten, we knew that you can't just accept you've lost until the final whistle goes. If you look at Liverpool's spirit, you know you have to fight to the end and, God permitting, you can win.

"You can't allow doubts to creep in in a final like this. When we came out after half-time, we heard our supporters and remembered the spirit of Liverpool's players a year ago. We kept trying and trying and, in the end, God wanted us to win. There aren't enough words to explain what we're experiencing. What we have done today will only sink in when we stop playing football. This is probably the most beautiful moment in my entire career

goonergal
18-05-2006, 01:30 PM
aww great thanks for that liverpool!!!! *joke*

Raul
18-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I think that Barcelona should give the cup to Liverpool as a sign of appreciation :lol:

Gazza-LFC
18-05-2006, 02:22 PM
That's a great idea Raul..

I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything Lauz,sorry if u thought i was lol,it was just something i saw on the LFC site

Deand002
24-07-2006, 09:09 PM
yea defo

Afrinux
09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I think that Barcelona should give the cup to Liverpool as a sign of appreciation :lol:
Somehow Gazza is trying to steal some credits. :lol: :lol:
LFC did help, though. Loosing to Benfica. We had a weaker club to trash :lol: :lol:

Gazza-LFC
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Ha Ha welcome back Afrinux :D