PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Glazer willl do?

shaahid
14-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I think he knows success on the pitch means success of the pitch, so he will give united transfers fees, now reported 100 million at least over 5 years.
so, if is the case 265 million is on the club. the other s on the tampa bay buccaners, so he probably pay this back in five years.
without selling the buccaners.

If he sells the buccaners for 413 Million, surely that will get rid of the debt on the club and buisness as usual?

O Dogg
14-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Its a valid point. Its aparantly a family investment and a family business. The son is the football fan aparantly and maybe, just maybe he will fall in love with United. Im hoping this is the case, as Glazer is 77 I beleive, which means that he wont last too long. Then the club would be run by a football fan. Its all a long shot, and a bit of wishful thinking, but you never know.

On a more serious note, football in America is becoming more and more popular, and what a market to conquer. If United could conquer America, and the sport grows over there, then that could be a huge money spinner for the club. I think this is something Glazer is looking to do.

shaggy
14-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I think that Glazer is wanting to make money for himself before the club to be honest. He is looking into better advertising and marketing in other countries more.

For manu his takeover would be bad as he is likely to double the ticket prices at least. Also he may not pay attention to the actual team and what they as a club want to achive in the football sense.

It is also bad for footbal to let someone take over a club who has no interest in the club unlike abramovich at chelsea who did it for footballing reasons alone.

As for the state of football in the USA its improving rapidly into an exciting league with better teams and players, DC United had an increase of about 50% in spectators buying tickets as a result of Freddy Adu becoming a big name, the national team is also improving as was seen at the last world cup in 2002, they have great youngsters like Adu and Johnson who will be great players for the future and will further improve the football in the USA.

O Dogg
14-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I was in no way putting down American football. You cant however Compare thier football to the Premiership!

shaggy
14-05-2005, 02:27 PM
lol, i never said you were degrading americam footie, it will however never be as good as the premiership.

shaahid
14-05-2005, 02:28 PM
But you cant make money from a club that is not winning or challenging for the title?
The pressure is on for united to win 2 trophies a year, one has to be major one out of premiership or champions league and one out of FA or Carling Cup, in my book that is good pressure,

However, As Long as he provides tansfer money, think they will be ok but for the first 5 years they will have to get through succesfully.
Then i think the debts would be around 60 or 70 million. Which is managable by united standards.

So we just have to wait and see.