Manchester City v Manchester United

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Manchester City v Manchester United

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 pm

I know there is other Premier League games before this one on the wekeend (and midweek) but I believe we can start the build up and discussion to this one now as it is the biggest league game of the season so far!

Infact, is it one of the biggest league games in recent history?

Manchester City are three points behind United with a 6 goal lead in regards to goal difference. With a win they could put the titles destiny back in their own hands.

What will happen, who will prevail?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 am

Hopefully City win this game and win the league. Why? Because I think it’s great for our league that another team other than Utd win this title.

It’s great to see a team stop UTD winning more league titles. Personally it'll be good because, eventually when Arsenal get a non senile manager, Arsenal could catch up with their trophy haul?

I’d love to rub it in his face, but Nasri should be fighting for the title, not 4th/3rd place. Its not a coincidence that our good players always leave. They realised they’ve outgrown Wengers freak project.

Plus City are everything that’s right with football. World class players, English youth, huge academy investment, great balance between attack and defence, a nice stadium, lots of work for charity and local community...etc...

In Hart, Richards, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Tevez and Ageuro they have some outstanding players.

The ambition of the club is superb.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 am

You almost managed that without slagging Wenger off Pokes, you are making progress! :lol:
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Zinc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Really, City seem like the sensible bet - they've got the better squad, they're on the better run and have found their form again, they're at home and the last time these two teams met they put 6 goals in the net - away from home! United have a weaker squad and have wobbled over recent weeks - if they couldn't beat City at Old Trafford are they going to be able to do it away from home?

However, all of that is just white noise and hot air combining in a orgy of absolute nothingness, I don't know why I wrote it, it was pointless - you'd be a fool to write off either team. I don't have the foggiest but I'm quite excited.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 am

you could flip a coin and it would be as reliable as any prediction for a game like this.

i'll try to avoid sky sports until the game begins as i can imagine the overkill they will be putting on for this match.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

This starts at 5am next Tuesday here, I rarely do it now as I value my sleep time due to my job but im getting up for it.

Their is so much riding on it, the pressure should be massive. Lets just hope it isnt dominated by the performance of the referee!
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 am

Big Jono wrote:This starts at 5am next Tuesday here, I rarely do it now as I value my sleep time due to my job but im getting up for it.

Their is so much riding on it, the pressure should be massive. Lets just hope it isnt dominated by the performance of the referee!

That's the fear these days isn't it.

Is there any idea who will ref this one? sad that we/i should even ask.......
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 am

Andre Marriner
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

Citeh are going to hammer Utd I think, they look to have found their form whilst Utd have been found out, again. Dont think it will be 6-1 but I think we will see some goals and De Gea having to be at his best.
Bren10

Postby Pokerkings » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 am

Steely Hill wrote:Andre Marriner

Not the best, not the worst.....
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby lincoln50 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:14 am

I thought this was about the Man City v Man Utd game so why am I reading about Chelsea and Arsenal, some people on this site seem to be in a world of there own, the match kicks of here at 2am Tuesday morning so I will have to make the effort to leave the dance club and make my way to a beer bar where of course all the girls are Man Utd fans, now if Man U score or should i say when they score the girls do get abit over excited and seem to try there best to kiss me to death, so please let it be just a one nil victory for the reds, if by any chance City win then I feel it my job to comfort the very upset girls by taking the whole 20 of them home with me for a pool party, the things I do for football. 8)
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 pm

a game of monumental importance! Like the game chelsea had against man u the year CHelsea did the double where drogba scored the winner. This time i see Man city getting the win ,after man u collapse against Everton.
3-1 City
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:33 am

Seriously, how hard is it to talk about the game! All off topic posts deleted.

I think we could see a return for Park to the United team for this match, Ferguson seems to love his hard work and enterprise for matches like this. He is always up for the war of attrition United need. With him and Rooney playing in midfield (i dont care where Roons is named I reckon thats where he will play) United will loook to shut down everything in the middle of the park.
Last edited by Big Jono on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:07 am

I just hope the game lives up to all expectations and we don't see players fighting and rolling around etc...

On the game itself i see United winning or getting a draw which should almost seal the title,there's too much pressure on City to win and United know exactly what to do in this situation.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby chin-up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 am

gazza,

a valuable information, just stay out of predictions, please.

As I read, this game might be too hard to predict. Manunis experience will play a huge role here.
Having said that, the final drive for MCity attack might too great to stop. After all, this game is all MCity has got.
Either win baby or book some fishing trip until next season.
chin-up
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 am

I hear that some tickets for this game are being sold on the black market for over £1,000 :lol:

City have a + 6 better goal difference than Utd at the moment which will work in Mancini's favour if they win this title decider.

I think this will be a very tight game with lots of fouls and yellow cards maybe even a Red and a busy night for the referee.

At this moment in time I'm going to go for Man City to win 2-1 which will take them above Fergie's side in the table with 2 games each to go.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby chin-up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 am

I believe Tevez will shine greatly in this game. He wants to prove his worth to MCity.
I just hope, the ref stays cool when it comes to any questionable infractions & let the players decide this encounter.
chin-up
Banned
Banned

Postby Tipster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 am

I'm going for Man Utd to win this derby. They have more pedigree as regards title chasing goes. We must remember as well as City have done, they have a somewhat inexperienced manager, compared to Sir Alex Ferguson.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby chin-up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 am

Perhaps, you might be right, but I believe the players will decide this game. Their willingness to work hard & who wants it more.
Of course red nosed is more experienced than Mancini. After all he has been around since Jesus Christ.
chin-up
Banned
Banned

Postby Bren10 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

Isnt Balotelli back for this one? Wonder if hell bag the winner? :D
Bren10

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League