Hull City sack Nick Barmby

All The latest fixtures,results,tables and discussion from the 4th biggest league in European football.

Moderator: Moderators

Hull City sack Nick Barmby

Postby Hams » Tue May 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Tue, 08 May 15:38:00 2012

Hull City have sacked manager Nick Barmby after less than six months in charge.

The news follows a disciplinary hearing into comments made by Barmby suggesting the club lacked ambition in the transfer market.

In a long statement, Hull's vice chairman Ehab Allam said: "The reason for the dismissal relates to certain comments made by Nick in recent interviews. The comments concerned were wholly misleading and implied that the board had not made funds available to Nick to strengthen the first team squad during the January transfer window.

"Such is not only completely untrue, the comments made by Nick contradicted the board's publicly stated position that funds would be made available to Nick during the January transfer window.

"As stated in previous interviews, the board accepted every transfer request from Nick and in fact actively encouraged him to strengthen the squad should he feel it was necessary."

Allam added: "The club feels that it has treated Nick entirely fairly and in the same way that it would have treated any other employee in the same situation."

Last week it was reported that the club had suspended him over comments he made about the club's financial situation.

Barmby won 13 of his 33 matches at the KC Stadium, as the Tigers finished eighth in the Championship, seven points off the play-off places.

Hull sacked director of football and former chairman Adam Pearson last week, with the owners terminating his consultancy role "without notice and without compensation". Pearson was described by Barmby, in his controversial comments, as "the heart and soul of the club".
Eurosport

Any comment?

Were Hull City right to sack Nick Barmby?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hoop45 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm

A very bad scenario, didn't see many of his comments about the owners and the financial situation at the club but he must have been pretty out of line to get the chop like that.

Many expecting Billy Davies to take the reins at Hull.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Bayaker » Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 pm

They've approached Kevin Blackwell......:lol: :lol:

Barmby is an arrogant . so I have no sincerity towards him, I have good word that when he went to do his coaching badges he merely turned up along the lines of "I'm Nick Barmby, now pass me". He did OK with Nigel Pearsons squad I think Hull would languish in mid-table next season if Barmby was allowed to bring his own players in.

Also I can rule Mick McCarthy out of the running, my Dad had dinner with the commercial director at Hull and they can't afford him.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hoop45 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:55 am

Quite the little ITK this evening :lol:
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Bayaker » Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

I have contacts :wink:

When I'm not wearing glasses of course..
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Larry7580 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 am

if Barmbey was only questioning the clubs transfer policy it dose seem a harsh sacking.
Larry7580

Postby Hams » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Steve Bruce has been appointed the new manager of Hull City on a 3 year deal.

How do you think he will get on?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Larry7580 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:18 pm

well I suppose it was inevitable Bruce, was going to turn up some where he's used to working on small budgets and Hull might just be the ideal sized fr him.
Larry7580

Return to Sky Bet Championship