Everton v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Everton v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Everton had to settle for a point as they drew 1-1 with QPR , it was not the result manager David Moyes wanted with the Merseyside derby coming up , but his side are still in a good position in the table and the 15 golas his side have scored is their best ever tally after 8 games of a Premier League season .

Liverpool gained their first home win of the season at long last with a 1-0 win over Reading , Raheem Sterling scored his first Liverpool goal to leave manager Brendan Rodgers a happy man ..it was no more than Liverpool deserved after a dominant performance from the Reds .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby lincoln50 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am

Liverpool did manage to beat Reading last week, but Everton away is a big ask these days.

Everton 2 Liverpool 1
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:04 pm

well ..you can never be sure in these merseyside derbies , always a game when anything can happen ....more often than not a red card maybe . Liverpool won both games last season..

Interesting fact ...the first derby of each season has always been played at Goodison Park since 2003 ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

I consider Everton to be the favourites this time to win the Merseyside derby and to continue their impressive form.

Everton 2-1 Liverpool

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby OWEN_ENG » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

one thing is for sure...there won't be a cahill header in this one :lol:

Loving the Rodg's style, but I think Moyes will get the upper hand in this one...

Everton for the win 3-1
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby kanukickit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 pm

I see Liverpool coming away with quite a convincing victory...Everton always completely falter in the derby even if they're almost the better team on form. Liverpool have better players on their day
kanukickit
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 am

Did you know there have been more red cards in this fixture than any other in Premier League history (20).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 pm

One of the few games where Gerrard shows up and plays like a star.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:41 pm

kanukickit wrote:I see Liverpool coming away with quite a convincing victory...Everton always completely falter in the derby even if they're almost the better team on form. Liverpool have better players on their day

Liverpool do have a knack of pulling out the win in these games despite the form book saying Everton should be too strong for them ....Everton dont have a very good record against them in the Premier Leage .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm

It doesn't matter who has the better players or who is on form etc,these games are one offs and are played like cup finals and are usually great to watch,Shelvey and Suarez will both need a stern warning before this game as both could lose their discipline in a heated game..

Everton will also have more incentive for revenge after last seasons FA Cup semi final,and i'm wondering if Jones will keep his place or if Reina if fit will come straight back in.

Should be a good game regardless of the result
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Cracking match so far, but the referee doesn't seem to have too much control over the match.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm sick of repeating myself but once again in a game we are dominating and in full control one mistake lets the opposition back into it...whoever it was who wanted Reina dropped for Jones...what do you think now?

It's safe to say that Jones has just handed Reina his position back...
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:32 pm

HT

Everton 2-2 Liverpool

What a great response from the Toffees to get back into the game when Liverpool had lead 2-0 early on.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Definitely not making Reina's job any harder.

Still, second goal is all on the back 4. Enrique and Wisdom in particular have been poor.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Result

Sunday 28th October

Everton 2-2 Liverpool
0-1 Baines 14’ (o.g.)
0-2 Suarez 20’
1-2 Osman 22’
2-2 Naismith 35’

Any comments on todays Merseyside derby?

Was a draw a fair result in the end?

Should the referee have disallowed a possible late winner for Suarez?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Robbed of 3 points in the end. Today has highlighted we need to work on our defending. We made it too easy for them to get back in the game and you can't always count on referees, with the slightest bit of controversy will always go against us.
If it had been at Anfield, i don't doubt it'd have stuck as a goal.

Bitter Everton's, enjoy your 1 point at home braggin' rights. Neville's dive just proves what a hypocrite Moyes is.

Overall, great game with lots of passion and determination. Hopefully we put the result right at home.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Jones played well for me...given the pressure and his inexperience, for me he has done well.

I have to admit I thought this game would have been all Everton. Delighted with our performance as I just never thought we would score one let alone two.

Rodgers is on track with turning LFC around and Im looking forward to seeing how we flourish with another striker - hoping we get someone soon

On the stoppage time goal...all I will say is if Utd had scored that goal it would have stood.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:Jones played well for me...given the pressure and his inexperience, for me he has done well.

I have to admit I thought this game would have been all Everton. Delighted with our performance as I just never thought we would score one let alone two.

Rodgers is on track with turning LFC around and Im looking forward to seeing how we flourish with another striker - hoping we get someone soon

On the stoppage time goal...all I will say is if Utd had scored that goal it would have stood.

I agree, 3 games played, 2 clean sheets, conceded 2. Not a bad stat for a second choice. Before the game i thought a win would be a big ask but we deserved the 3 points.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby mrtz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm

While Suarez' celebration was a bit classless (although no surprises there), I had to laugh when that idiot Neville got booked for simulation.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Davey1 wrote:Robbed of 3 points in the end. Today has highlighted we need to work on our defending. We made it too easy for them to get back in the game and you can't always count on referees, with the slightest bit of controversy will always go against us.
If it had been at Anfield, i don't doubt it'd have stuck as a goal.

Bitter Everton's, enjoy your 1 point at home braggin' rights. Neville's dive just proves what a hypocrite Moyes is.

Overall, great game with lots of passion and determination. Hopefully we put the result right at home.

Welcome back Davey1

I still don't know why the ref ruled out that late goal as it wasn't offside and there were no fouls being committed!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League